Read write GS1 Data Matrix barcode in Aspose.BarCode for Java

Hi.
On this issue I personally found many contraddictory statements in different forums. I therefore ask here the question again:
- Is the GS1 Data Matrix symbology supported by Aspose.BarCode for Java 4.5.0?
- If not, why is com.aspose.barcode.Symbology.GS1DataMatrix for?
and
- Is the GS1 Barcode Symbology (i.e. GS1-128 or, as formerly known, UCC/EAN-128), supported by Aspose.BarCode for Java 4.5.0?
- If yes, which simbology do I need to use: Symbology.Code128 or Symbology.EAN128 or … ?

Thank you for a precise, univoque answer.
Andrea

Hi Andrea,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

Aspose.BarCode for Java v4.5.0 supports GS1 DataMatrix symbology. Please check the below code snippet for your reference.

Java

BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder(“(425)123”, com.aspose.barcode.Symbology.GS1DataMatrix);
builder.save(“GS1DataMatrix.png”);

You can use EAN128 in reference to your inquiry about GS1-128. Please note that Code128 requires first char to be encoded as FNC1 or 2 or 3, whereas EAN128 only requires FNC1. This is also true for GS1-128 specifications. Please check the code snippet as given below,

Java
BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder("12323456", com.aspose.barcode.Symbology.EAN128); builder.save("GS1-128.png");

In case of any ambiguity, please feel free to write back.
Regards,

Hi.

I am using Aspose.BarCode version 5.0 and all coding standards (i.e. Symbology constants), but Symbology.GS1DataMatrix, have a corresponding BarCodeReadType constant to use for decoding. E.g. Symbology.EAN128 --> BarCodeReadType.EAN128.

BarCodeBuilder builder = new BarCodeBuilder(codeText, Symbology.GS1DataMatrix);

BarCodeReader reader = new BarCodeReader(codeImage, BarCOdeReadType.???)

BTW: The API documentation still refers to Aspose.BarCode version 4.5. Would it be possible to have also the new API documented?

Thank you for the help.
Andrea

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your inquiry. It is to update you that Aspose.BarCode for Java v5.0.0 supports GS1DataMatrix barcode generation but It does not support GS1DataMatrix barcode recognition. Second, I have logged a task to create new documentation according latest release. I have logged this task as BARCODJAVA-33284 in our issue tracking system. As soon as we have made some significant progress, we would be more than happy to update you with the status of correction. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for being patient. It is to update you that the latest version of Aspose.BarCode for Java 5.8.0 supports reading GS1DataMatrix code. We’ve also updated API reference docs and optimized the docs from time to time for better quality.

Please refer to the download page and API reference docs:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/72/java-components/aspose.barcode-for-java/default.aspx
https://reference.aspose.com/barcode/java

Please do let us know in case of any confusion or questions.

PS: The ticket id BARCODJAVA-33284 has been marked as resolved.