Reading an XLSB file causes "com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Invalid Excel2007Xlsx file format" in Aspose.Cells for Java

I use aspose/cells/aspose-cells-8.4.0.jar version of ASPOSE CELLS library for processing files.
When I try to open file with extension xlsb, I get com.aspose.cells.CellsException: Invalid Excel2007Xlsx file format error. Interestingly, I have given file as xlsb but Aspose library is treating it
as Xlsx file.

I have found that aspose-cells-8.4.0 version is capable of processing xlsb file format.

Can someone help me here?

@vieenaysiingh,

Since you are using some older version (aspose-cells-8.4.0.jar) so we are not sure if this was a bug in the older version or other limitation. Also, we cannot evaluate issues in older version. Neither we can include any fixes to older version, the fixes are based on latest APIs set only. So, we recommend you to kindly upgrade to newer versions of Aspose.Cells for Java which are more stable and support to process (read, write and manipulate) all the older and newer file formats (including XLSB) of MS Excel (2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, etc.). If you still find any issue with latest version of the API, let us know with details and template file, we will check it soon.

PS. please zip the file prior attaching.

@Amjad_Sahi Amjad_Sahi

Hi, I have checkout aspose-cells-8.4.0.jar and found that It has method which handles XLSX and XLSB extension.

@vieenaysiingh,

I looks like you have sorted it out now. In the event of further queries or comments, feel free to write us back.

@Amjad_Sahi, No
Issue is still there. I say though FileFormatType class has methods to handle above mentioned file formats but still i get above error. I still looking for help.

@Amjad_Sahi

Do you know why Aspose APIs are treating xlsb files as xlsx?

@vieenaysiingh,

It might be a bug in the older version you are using or some other limitations in the older version.

As we told you we cannot evaluate issues using older versions. I am afraid, we cannot include fixes to older version, the fixes are based on latest APIs set only. We recommend you to kindly upgrade to newer versions of Aspose.Cells for Java. If you still find any issue with latest version of the API, let us know with details and template file, we will check it soon.

1 Like

Thanks @Amjad_Sahi