Reading business cards

Hi,

I’ve been trying to read business cards using the default samples but the results are a complete fail:

"K p , l{.;ll]]]:tli:}{rl,r-"

Is the actual output I get so the results are completely unusable, is there anything special I need to do for this, I used the PerformOCROnImage sample, and tried:

ocrEngine.Config.DetectReadingOrder = true;
ocrEngine.Config.DetectTextRegions = true;
ocrEngine.Config.DoSpellingCorrection = false;
ocrEngine.Config.ProcessColoredBackground = false;

Non helped!

Thanks,

Fox
Hi Fox,

Thank you for your inquiry and sharing samples.

This is to update you that Aspose.OCR currently supports Verdana, Times New Roman, Courier New, Tahoma, Calibri & Arial fonts in Normal, Italic & bold styles of fonts and does not support images with colorful background. The samples you have provided seem to have different fonts and colorful back ground.

Furthermore we have found that the image provided by you has very low DPI value i.e. 100. Please note that the current implementation of the Aspose.OCR APIs perform well with images having resolution of at least 300 DPI and the accuracy rate tends to decrease by decreasing the resolution. Your provided image has resolution of 100 DPI therefore it will not be possible to get 100% accuracy.

The issues have already been logged into our system. The details of the issues are given below:

OCRNET-1340: OCR on low DPI images.
OCRNET-1053: OCR on colorful background.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.