Reading Documents with Aspose.Pdf.Kit - Basics

Hi,

If we want to just read (not create or update) PDF documents, I assume that Aspose.Pdf.Kit is the correct component to use?

Is there any "getting started" documentation which gives an overview of the features, where to start with which class to use for reading the document, what features can be extracted, etc.?

I guessed that "PDFExtractor" might be the place to start, but the documentation for this class contains a comment that:

This is Beta version of PdfExtractor. Some features may not be supported well and we may be not able to fix them in short time.

so that confused me a bit.

I have downloaded the eval copy of Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java. I have done a similar exercise with Aspose.Words for Java, and got that working quickly, but that came with example code and I found it easier to understand how to use it.

Thanks

David

Hi David,

You can not only read/extract contents of the existing PDF file, but also modify the files as well using Aspose.Pdf.Kit. You can extract text or images from the PDF file. You can also convert the PDF pages to images. The bookmarks, annotations, pages can also be extracted from the PDF files. You can also import or export PDF form data using this component.

In order to have a better understanding you can find working examples in the Programmer’s Guide. We have also provided Technical Articles for detailed explanation of different classes and concepts. The download package contains the samples which can be executed and tested locally; however, you can also test the samples using our online demos.

As far as PdfExtractor is concerned, it is currently in beta; however, we have improved all the features and our team is in the process of moving this class out of the beta stage; many customers are already using this class successfully. Nevertheless, if you still find any issues due to your particular scenarios, our development team would be available to resolve the issues the earliest possible.

Please download the latest version and try it at your end. If you find any further questions, please do let us know.

Regards,