Reading Special Characters in Slide Notes

Hi,

I've a requirement where I need to read the slide notes from the presentation and create a HTML file with the same formatting what is available in the slide notes.

I am facing problem with special characters, sometimes they use characters like

• Score of ≤7
  • Incidence ³5% and >2x

When I print the slide notes text then it is displaying some junk character and same appears in the HTML. I would like to know whether we can read these kind of characters using Aspose or not? And using unicode support can we get this working?

PFA is the test presentation which you can use for reference.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nataraj

Hi Nataraj,

Please share the code snippet that you are using, so that I may further verify your issue and help you out.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

The code snippet is simple and straight forward way of reading the slide notes from the Aspose.

Hope you got the presentation which I had uploaded with my post.

Code Snippet for Reference:-

public void writePresentationSlideNotes() throws Exception {

int slideCount = ppt.getSlides().size();

for(int slideNo=0; slideNo<=slideCount; slideNo++) {
Slide slide = ppt.getSlideByPosition(slideNo);
if ( slide != null ) {
if ( slide.getNotes() != null ) {
if ( slide.getNotes().getParagraphs() != null ) {
int paraCount = slide.getNotes().getParagraphs().size();
for(int paraNo=0; paraNo<paraCount; paraNo++) {
Paragraph para = slide.getNotes().getParagraphs().get(paraNo);
if ( para.getPortions() != null ) {
int portionCount = para.getPortions().size();
for(int portionNo=0; portionNo<portionCount; portionNo++) {
Portion portion = para.getPortions().get(portionNo);
System.out.println(portion.getText());
}
}
}
}
}
}

}

}

Hi Nataraj,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

I have been able to reproduce the issue specified by you and it seems to be a problem with reading of some special characters from slides notes in our product. Our development team is looking into the issue. An issue with issue ID 14718 has been created on our Issue Tracking System to fix the problem. This thread has also been associated with issue ID 14718, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as new version is available online.

We are sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi Nataraj,

Our development team has investigated the issue specified by you in detail. The problem is that System.out.println() can print ANSI characters only but slide notes contain Unicode characters. All the characters returned by Aspose.Slides should be written in Unicode format. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks and Regards,