Reading the formula value from an Excel sheet

Hi ,

I am trying to read a spread sheet with formulae .When I do so , I am not able to get the value , instead what I get is a string value #Name?
Eg below
workBook.Worksheets[0].Cells[rowCounter, columnCounter].Value
The first thing I do after I open the spreadsheet is doWorkbook.CalculateFormula(); However this does not seem to have any effect.
Any advise would be appreciated.
Version I am using is 4.8.1.6
Thanks

Hi,

Could you post your template file here and point out which cell value is #Name?.

Thank you.

Please find attached the spread sheet in question . Example of one of the cells that we are having issues with are in Column E,Column I etc . To summarize we are not able to read the value of any cell with a formula

Hi,

We found the issue using your template file and extracting the calculated values in I Column.

Your issue has been registered into our issue tracking system with an issue id: CELLSNET-12533.
We will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

rgin: 0pt;
font-family: Arial,Verdana,Tahoma;
font-size: 12px;
}
.footer { color:Gray; font-size: 11px; text-align: center; }
.back1 { background-color: whitesmoke; }
.back2 { background-color: #f1f5e1; }
.back3 { background-color: cornsilk; }

Actually, we do not support the referred row index >= 65536 and column index >= 255 in formulas. We are working on this issue now.
We will let you know when it is done!

Thanks for your patience.

Since excel 2007 supports more that 255 columns we anticipate having data and formulae in those columns. Would you happen to have an ETA on when we can get a resolution to this issue

Thanks

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

We will get back to you soon regarding the ETA on this enhancement.

Thank You & Best Regards,

Hi,

Since it is a bit complex feature, hopefully we can support it at the end of Q1 2010 or at the start of Q2 2010.

Thank you.

Do you have an update on the status of the bug fix on Formulas within the 255 column limit not flowing through?

We have a dead line that we are working against and really need a resolution for it

Hi,

Please try this fix (attached).

We have provided a temporary resolution in this fix. Hopefully, it will meet your needs.

Thank you.

Hello,

Any update yet on the issue relating to formulas in columns 256 and greater? We're still experiencing this issue and it's causing some major problems.

Thank you.

Hi,

The issue is not resolved yet, we will inform you when it is sorted out.

Thank you.

Hi,

To further update you, we will try to implement it in the next month.

So keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached latest version of Aspose.Cells. We have removed the limitation of the formula reference.

Thank You & Best Regards,