Reading the results of Add-In function

If I use the Aspose .NET API to open an existing spreadsheet, and it contains a cell which references an add-in function (e.g. “=BLP(param1,param2)”), is there any way to retrieve the resulting calculated value for that cell?

I infer from this discussion that the answer is no:

…but that was back in 2011. Is this answer still accurate? Have there been upgrades which would facilitate the execution of the Add-In logic so as to retrieve the cell’s value?

@test17b241,
You may please visit the following article where Add-In is loaded into a workbook and its value is calculated. Please give it a try and share the feedback.

Using Add-In Functions

At what point in the example is the value calculated? I noticed that there’s no call to CalculateFormula() in the example.

In other words, I know I can use the component to insert a formula that references an add-in, but can I read the value programmatically before saving the spreadsheet?

@test17b241,

No, we do not support calculating addin function because it’s VBA codes in the external file. We do not support parse the VBA codes and run them now. However either you may please implement them in ICustomFunction again, then we can calculate them correctly or implement Custom Calculation Engine to extend the default calculation engine of Aspose.Cells. In this way, you will be able to write your own code providing greater power and flexibility. Please feel free if you have any other query related to Aspose.Cells. We will try to assist you at the earliest.