Reading / Writing MPP Files To/From DataGrid in ASP.NET

I am currently evaluating your suite of tools and need help on the following:

I have requirements to be able to import MS Project Files into a Web Form control, modify data and create a new MS Project File. The import/save mechanism needs to be a file manager style dialogue to choose source and destination. The data elements needed from the project file are:

Task, Start Date, End Date, Resource, Duration.

How would I do this using your tool?

Yes, it is possible.

You should see the Programmers’ Guide of Aspose.Tasks here.

I downloaded the demo and it works fine for creating a MPX file from data entered on an ASP form. Your demo code does not give any examples of how to read a MS Project (mpp) file and load the results "INTO" ans ASP Form. I am assuming that this would need to be loaded or bound to a asp grid control. That being said, what is the procedure / code to create a dataset from a MS 2003 Project File using your Aspose.Task offering.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I downloaded the demo and it works fine for creating a MPX file from data entered on an ASP form. Your demo code does not give any examples of how to read a MS Project (mpp) file and load the results "INTO" ans ASP Form. I am assuming that this would need to be loaded or bound to a asp grid control. That being said, what is the procedure / code to create a dataset from a MS 2003 Project File using your Aspose.Task offering.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dear GDguy,

Have you seen the demo code of ProjectQuery which you can find in Demos directory created by Aspose.Tasks installer? This should solve your problem.

You can get installer from this link.