Real Time Progress Indicator?

My company is using Aspose.Cells to create an excel pivot table report.

Sometimes the creation of this report can be very timely. Is ther some sort of event we can trigger back to the page to create a real time progress bar/meter while the report is being created?

Any advice on a solution would be useful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.

Well, Aspose.Cells does not support events. I think you may try to create your own progress bar, may be you may create in asp.net or explore javascript for creating progress bar and show the bar while the report is being created.

Thank you.

10 years after the question was first asked, I’d like to bump this.

Are there any plans on supporting events that can be caught by the calling application to get an indication of the progress while Aspose.Cells is generating its XLSX output?

If not, is there any other way to get an estimate on how long it might take?

Hi,

Aspose.Cells APIs provide the mechanism to interrupt the process by using the Aspose.Cells.InterruptMonitor class. This mechanism needs two threads to handle the process where one thread has to be used for loading/saving Workbook and other for checking the time and interrupt the process.

Please find the attachment for the sample program.cs (in an archive) to check the implementation of aforementioned approach for your reference. The sample is for demonstration purpose and you may modify it for your requirements accordingly.

Thank you.