Recognition of text in OCR-B

Hi everyone,

I’m testing Aspose.OCR using the trial license.
My goal is to recognize code lines on payment slips which are printed using the OCR-B font.

I did not get any conclusive answer on the support chat whether OCR-B is supported directly. I created a small sample application using the trial license. I restricted the OCR to the characters I expect (0-9, + and >) using the OCRConfig.setWhitelist(char[]) method. However I don’t seem to be able to set the font for the recognition.

The output of my scan is as follows:

01 00000087002>4638900000000020000046401 65+ 01 05<Rest of the text is trimmed due to evaluation restriction!>
<rest of="" the="" text="" is="" trimmed="" due="" to="" evaluation="" restriction!="">

From what I can tell, the overall character recognition works OKish, but there is some additional white space contained in the output that is not present in the input image.

Is it possible to restrict Aspose.OCR to the OCR-B font?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for inquiry and providing sample image.

This is to update you that OCR-B font feature is not working as expected. Two tickets have been logged into our system with ID OCR-36042 and OCR-36041.

• OCR-36042: To investigate the extra white space issue.
  • OCR-36041: To support for OCR-B font.

Our product team will look into it. We will update you via this forum thread.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for JasperReports 18.3 update.