Recognition problem - resolution/size related

Dear,

We have the following problem. We receive the pdf file (attached to this post) and need to find and analyze the QR code on this file.
Now I noticed that the software cannot find a QR code on the original converted png (notworking_normalres.png)

While doing some testing with image resolution and sizing I found that, if I convert the pdf to image with resolution 500 (both X and Y), and afterwards resize the image file to 7% of its original size, we can find and read the QR code. It does not work without resizing, nor without the higher resolution.
Several other combinations of resolution and resizing do not work. Some will recognize a qr code, but will return an empty string.

My questions:
- are there restrictions in size/resolution of the actual qr code on a page?
- is there an elegant solution for this? implementing a solution with resizing etc will obviously have a huge performance impact. Also higher image resolution means the recognition will require more time.
- is this a bug?

Kind Regards

Gert

Hi Gert,

Thanks for your inquiry. I managed to replicate the problem. I have logged this problem under ticket id BARCODENET-33563 in our issue tracking system. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved and available for the public use. We're sorry for the inconvenience.
gerth:
My questions:
- are there restrictions in size/resolution of the actual qr code on a page?
- is there an elegant solution for this? implementing a solution with resizing etc will obviously have a huge performance impact. Also higher image resolution means the recognition will require more time.
- is this a bug?
Please note that there are several other factors contributing in scan failure, like the presence of noise in the image, skewed bar code labels, punch holes/white spots etc. Severity of one such factor or a combination of two or more makes it difficult for the BarCodeRecognition algorithm to scan a bar code properly. Our development team needs to analyze the problem. Furthermore, you can scan only a part of the image that contains a bar code. Please visit the documentation link here: http://www.aspose.com/docs/display/barcodenet/Read+Barcode+from+Specific+Region+of+Image

Please let me know in case of further assistance or comments.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as BARCODENET-33563) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.