Recurrence pattern is null when using Appointment.Load method

Hello,
I am using the Appointment.Load method to populate the Appointment object.

Appointment appointment = Appointment.Load(“myApp.ics”);

Everything seems to be ok except for the Recurrence property.
The files that I am loading are outlook appointments saved with the .ics extension.
Is this a deffect in the library or am I missing something?
Attached (Riskcovery Standup.zip) is an example of the .ics file I’m trying to load
Thanks

Riskcovery Standup.zip (2.4 KB)

image.png (20.9 KB)

@melisabyers,
Welcome to our community! Thank you for the issue description. Could you please specify the version of Aspose.Email that you are using?

Hi @Andrey_Potapov,

I am using Aspose.Email version 20.9.1.0

Thanks

@melisabyers,
I reproduced the problem and got the same results. I have logged the issue in our tracking system with ID EMAILNET-40134 for further investigation. You will be notified when it is fixed.

@melisabyers,
The original ICS file does not contain the recurrence component (RRULE) properties, so the Recurrence property of the loaded appointment will be null in this case.

Hi Andrey,

The .ics contains the RRULE. If you open the .ics in a text editor, the RRULE is displayed in line 10:

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Microsoft Corporation//Outlook 16.0 MIMEDIR//EN
VERSION:2.0
METHOD:REQUEST
X-MS-OLK-FORCEINSPECTOROPEN:TRUE
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Central Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:16011104T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11
TZOFFSETFROM:-0500
TZOFFSETTO:-0600
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:16010311T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3
TZOFFSETFROM:-0600
TZOFFSETTO:-0500

@melisabyers,
Thank you for your remarks. We will resume the issue investigation.

@melisabyers,
Our development team has investigated the issue. This line has nothing to do with the recurrence of the calendar, it is inside the timezone component and defines the daylight saving time for that timezone. To determine the recurrence for the calendar, it is necessary that the RRULE be inside the VEVENT component. Instead, the VEVENT component contains the RECURRENCE-ID property, our developers assume that the meeting was opened in Outlook “as Occurence” and saved it to a file. Instead, you should open the meeting “as Series” and save it to a file, after that the required line will be found in the file and loaded to Appointment class of AE as recurrence.

Hi @Andrey_Potapov,
It worked when I saved the series.
Thank you very much for your help