Redaction of an area- wich should make the text below not searchable

Hi,

I am searching for a way to redact a specific area in a PDf document, but the text below should be not searchable, when I open it it with a PDF viewer.

Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to delete first the text and then redact the area?

If I have to delete the text first, is there a way to delete the text without changing the format / layout of the text?

Thanks.
Best regards
Erhan

Hi Erhan,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can easily redact a text area with RedactionAnnotation. Please check following documentation link for the details, it will help you to accomplish the task.

Please feel free to contact us for any further assistance.

Best Regards,

Hi Tilal,

thank you for your answer.

I have already tried both examples in the link which you have send me. The issue which I have is that the redaction is working fine, but I can still search for the text below the redacted area and I can even copy the text from that area.

I want to redact an area that the text below is not searchable and can’t be copied from the pdf.

Best regards
Erhan

Hi Erhan,

Thanks for sharing the details.

In order to accomplish your requirement, you may consider following approaches.

In case you still face any issue, please share the resource PDF file so that we can test the scenario in our environment.