REF fields not updated before printing

I have a document with several bookmarks - some contain plain text, others contain merge fields and document property fields. Merge fields are updated via MailMerge; some bookmark content is replaced by code, etc.

There are REF fields to these bookmarks in the document. When I do mail merge / update, save and then print it directly using Aspose.Words, none of my REFs is updated, although I explicitly use UpdateFileds and UpdatePageLayout. If I open the document in Word, it looks just fine.

Is there an “official” way to update REFs before printing?

Hi

Thank you for reporting this problem to us. I managed to reproduce it. You will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.
Best regards.

Same issue apply to SaveToPdf, obviously.

Hi

Thanks for your request. Aspose.Words uses our own Rendering Engine to print a document, the same Rendering Engine we use to convert a document to PDF. You will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.
Best regards,

Hi,
Any progress with resolving this issue? It it still present in ver. 8.

There is an workaround for updating REF fields manually, if somebody is interested:

1. find the referred bookmark

2. clone (deep) all nodes between BookmarkStart and BookmarkEnd nodes

3. insert cloned nodes before FieldStart node, or better - after FieldEnd node: nodeFieldEnd.ParentNode.InsertAfter(nodeClone, nodeFieldEnd)

4. remove the REF field

This works also for bookmarks enclosing composite nodes, in my case - pictures.

Of course, this will remove the REF field from the resulting document, but it’s still better than nothing

Hi

Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, the issue is still unresolved and currently we are working on this. We will try to resolve this issue before the next hotfix, which will be published within 2-3 weeks. You will be notified once it is resolved.
Also, thank you for additional information regarding REF fields.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 11910) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.