Reference issue with Excel formula after exporting as PDF

Hello,

We have reference issue on exporting the PDF from the spreadsheet.

We have used formula as: =IF((_xlfn.concat(C12:C32)=""),“Book of Business”,_xlfn.concat(C12:C32))

Is this not supported by Aspose?

Best,
Harish

Hi Harish,

Thank you for contacting support. When we open your source Excel file in the Microsoft Office Excel, the Population section shows an error as “The formula contains unrecognized text”. Did you set the formula string, and then save in the output PDF using Aspose.Cells for Java API? Kindly send us your code and expected PDF output of the Excel worksheet. Microsoft Office Excel application does not recognize this formula string and save an empty cell in the PDF format. Your response is awaited.

Thanks for your reply.

I encountered same Excel formula issue in Excel 12 but after upgrading it to 16 genuine version, the issue no longer exists.

Is Aspose not supporting latest Excel formulae??

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have opened your provided Excel file in Microsoft Excel 2016 and found, your formula is not supported by it.

Please see this screenshot. It shows, we are using Microsoft Excel 2016 (32-bit version), your formula is not supported by it and your formula is not calculated by it.

Please share your screenshots and let us know your Microsoft Excel version. It seems, you are using 64-bit version or some other version which we don’t know as yet.

Thanks for reply.

Excel details and working screenshot has been attached here.

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your screenshots and considering Aspose.Cells.

It means, your formula is working because of Excel 2016 64-bit version while we have Excel 2016 32-bit version. We will test it on Excel 2016 64-bit version and log a ticket for it.

Please spare us some time. Hopefully, we will update you before Monday.

Above issue’s response plz.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please create separate threads for each of your issues. It will help us deal with your issues in a better way and we will be able to investigate and fix your issues more quickly.

Please provide your original file once again as we have accidentally lost it.

Post Reference:
Reference issue with Excel formula after exporting as PDF

Attachment: Cost Snapshot-05-18-2017-1494833552833 (2).xlsx

Please it’s urgent.

Hi,

I have installed the Excel 2016 - 64 bit on my machine but I am waiting for you to provide me your source Excel file because I mistakenly deleted it on my machine and your attachment was also lost.

Please check my this post for more detail in this regard. Kindly provide your source Excel file again so that I test and log this issue.

Here is the sheet. Please see Population section in the sheet name Staging.

Thanks,

Hi,

We have logged your issue in our database for investigation and for a fix.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45394 - Reference issue with Excel formula after exporting as PDF

Hi,

The function CONCAT is one of those formulas that are supported by Office 365. We are working on supporting them and will provide fix soon.

Hi,

We have looked into this issue further and found, in your given file, the calculated result of Staging!B4 is “#NAME?”. It seems, the file was also created by MS Excel version which does not support those new functions of Office 365. Please send us the file which has been calculated correctly for those functions in MS Excel so we can verify and make sure our fix could work for your situation.

Hi,

Please download and try the following latest fix

Java
Aspose.Cells for Java v17.5.9

.NET
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.9 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.5.9 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45394) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan

1 Like