Refresh of webpage using Gridweb

dear support,

I have aspx pages using the gridweb functionality.

I need to reload the screen regularly, so I built in the standaard html refreh functionality. However, this causes the gridweb to flash, which is not good.

Is there a way to refresh the gridweb with minimal visual disruption ?

thanks

Hi,

Could you create a sample project (runnable) with latest Aspose.Cells.GridWeb v6.0.0.xxxx, zip it and post it here to show the issue, we will check it soon. Also provide details about your OS, Browser Type that you are using and some screen shots if you could capture to highlight the problem, it will help us to analyze the issue.

Thank you.

sorry for taking so long to look into this.

I am using the latest gridweb.dll version 8.1.2.200.
I have placed a meta tag in the header of the aspx file :

<%@ Page Language=“VB” AutoEventWireup=“false” CodeFile=“Default.aspx.vb” Inherits="_Default" %>
<%@ Register assembly=“Aspose.Cells.GridWeb” namespace=“Aspose.Cells.GridWeb” tagprefix=“acw” %>
<acw:GridWeb ID=“GridWeb1” runat=“server” OnSubmitCommand=“GridWeb1_SubmitCommand”>
</acw:GridWeb>

In my code, I have a simple Page_Load () code that loads some excel sheet into the gridweb object.

So the issue is that this procedure makes the reuslting screen go blank for a second or two. Then it puts the webgrid at the default excel sheet.

Is there no better way to refresh the contetn of a gridweb so that there is no flashing ?

thank you

guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Could you please provide screenshots highlighting the issue for our reference? It will help us look into your issue precisely and we will log it in our database so that it could be fixed at the earliest.

please find attached some screenshots describing the automatic refresh problem.

maybe there is a better mechanism for refreshing the content of a gridweb, which does not cause the content to go blank during the refresh ?

thanks for your much appreciated help,

guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your screenshot and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We will look into your issue and see if we are able to replicate it at our end and update you asap.

Hi Guido,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Could you please let us know why do you want to refresh the GridWeb? Actually the meta tag you placed is like opening a new page in the browser, therefore when it is refreshed Page.IsPostBack property is false. It is like opening the page first time.

I have tested it with the sample project attached with this post.

I have also logged an issue in our database for development team to let you know how can you refresh GridWeb. We will evaluate your requirement and let you know the workaround if there is any. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-42901.

Well, I am displaying some calculated process conditions in a Gridweb.

The clients want to refresh the informationm every minute of so.
I realize adding a refresh metatag is like re-opening the website every time, but I have not found any other way of recalculating and/or refreshing the content of the gridweb.

It would be great if you could add some feature to refresh the content of a Gridweb without havin to laod the whole page, so that it does not blink.

guido

Hi,

Well to achieve your purpose you may try:

1) First you will set ShowLoading=true then you use GridWeb ‘s client function call to get Ajax update on the control, here you can call setActiveTab. Please look at the below code:
e.g
Sample code:

Untitled Page
<acw:GridWeb ID=“GridWeb42901” runat=“server” XhtmlMode=“True” Height=“504px” EnableAJAX =“true”
Width=“1119px” EnableAsync=“true” onsubmitcommand=“GridWeb1_SubmitCommand” ShowLoading=true
onsavecommand=“GridWeb42881_SaveCommand”>
</acw:GridWeb>

Hope, it helps a bit.

Thank you.