Reg - Execution of Aspose Words for Java

Dear Sir/Madam,
We have downloaded the Aspose.Total.Java zip file from your site.We have tried to execute the java files from our IDE(Eclipse) and we couldnt do that. So pl tell me how 2 execute those files.Pl do the needful thing.My conatct id is ajaykumarr@zylog.co.in
Thanks and Regards,
Ajay Kumar R,
Zylog Systems Ltd.

This message was posted using Page2Forum from Technical Support - Aspose.Words for .NET and Java

Hi guys,I have downloaded the Aspose.Total.Java zip file this site.I have tried to execute the java files from my IDE(Eclipse) and i couldnt do that. So pl tell me how 2 execute those files,if u have any idea.
Regards,
Ajay

Hi

Thanks for your request. Did you try to run Aspose.Words demos? You can find all Aspose.Word demos here:
https://demos.aspose.com/
Here you can download source code of all demos:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/net
Best regards.

Hi Alex,I have downloaded Aspose demos and tried to execute in eclipse.But i couldnt do it,can u pl tell me which is the main java class in the demo folder i need to execute to merge 2 word documents.One more thing whether i should run in a web project or a java project.Pl guide me in this issue.

Regards,
Ajay

Hi

Thanks for your request. The code to merge two word documents is pretty simple. See the following code example:

// Open documents
Document doc1 = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in1.doc");
Document doc2 = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in2.doc");
// Append one docuemnt to another
doc1.appendDocument(doc2, ImportFormatMode.KEEP_SOURCE_FORMATTING);
// Save output document
doc1.save("C:\\Temp\\out.doc");

So, just create empty project in your IDE, add reference to Aspose.Words.jar and run this code.
Hope this helps.
Best regards.

Hi Alex
As per your instruction, i have created the project and written the code inside the project. But when i try to call the method appendDocument(), i am not getting inside my program.

I have added jar files and i cannot compile the same .

Regards

Ajay

Hi

What error do you get when you try to compile the project? Make sure that Document class you are using in your code is from com.aspose.words namespace.
Best regards.

Hi Alex,I have attached my Project with this mail named Asp.zip.Pl check the Ajay.java file and pl tell me it is right ot not.I am not able to append the file with this code.I also added the neccessary jar files in the project.The package is also com.aspose.words namespace.pl do the needful thing.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Hi

I created simple project in Eclipse on my side (see the attached project). Hope this helps.
You should change only path to Aspose.Words.jar.
Best regards.

Hi Alex,the pgm which u gave now and the prev were both working fine now.Thanks for all the help you provided throughout this issues.We are able to append the document.

Thanks And Regards,
Ajay

Hi alex, We have a query.While merging the documents for 2 openoffice (.odt files)with images we are getting the error mge.Though it works fine MS Office.We are using Open office 2.0.Whether Aspose supports only 1.1 and 1.2 version of open office.Pl do the needful thing

Error Mge :

com.aspose.words.FileCorruptedException: The document appears to be corrupted and cannot be loaded.

Thanks and Rrgards,
Ajay.

Hi

Please attach the document that causes the problem. I will check it on my side and provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi Alex,I have attached the documents for your kind reference.The zip file has 2 .odt file and the corresponding java file.Pl revert me if you have queries reg this.The problem is we are not able to append a documents for 2.odt files.

Thanks and Regards,

Ajay

Hi

Thank you for additional information. I managed to reproduce the problem on my side and created new issue #9197 in our defect database. I will notify you as soon as it is fixed.
Best regards.

Hi Alex,Pl revert me if you got any updates.Thanks for your Cooperation.

With Regards,
Ajay

Hi Alex,We are waiting for your Feedback for the Support of odt from Aspose.Words.We will be initiating a purchase based on your feedback.Pl revert me ASAP.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please expect a reply before next hotfix (within 4-5 weeks). We might just fix the issue by then or provide you more information.
Best regards.

Hi Alex.,Does Aspose provide solutions to compare the 2 docs(A&B)and write a doc (with the changes between the 2 docs) in doc C.

Thanks and Regards,

Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your request. No, unfortunately, there is no built-in method to compare Word documents using Aspose.Words.
Best regards.

Hi Alex
Whether we can tell our client that we will get the Open office Support (odt) using Aspose.word in the next 4 weeks, so that we can start intitating the Purchases.
Please let me know your inputs on this.
Regards
Ajay