Reg Imap.Connect with Wrong credentials

Hi

We are developing a website where the users can access their mailbox from our application. When we try to connect to IMAP with wrong credentials accidentally, the screen waits for a long time and the server resources are taken up 100% and even if we close the browser we have the same 100%. Is this issue identified from your end? If yes please let us know how to go about this

When we try to fetch the mail list for some folders we get the error "An invalid character was found in the mail header.". How do we resolve this?

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

I am sorry but I could not reproduce this issue at my end with Aspose.Network for .NET 6.6 and several Imap servers including gmail and locally installed ones. It throws invalid authentication exception if the username/password is invalid.

Could you please try the latest release of Aspose.Network for .NET 6.6 and see if it resolves the issue? If you still face problems, would it be possible for you to provide the credentials of a test account on your imap server? You may provide invalid username/password combination, since this issue is based on invalid credentials.

Regarding the exception “An invalid character was found in the mail header.”, I was able to reproduce this at my end by keeping a certain message (message with embedded msg attachment) in the folder. I have logged this bug (ID: 29082), we will look into it and will inform you when it gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29082 ) have been fixed in [this update ](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry319931.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.