Regarding Aspose.Email.Appointment

Is it possible to have an HTML body of the Appointment object? We need to have some links active in the body of the meeting request being created.

Thanks

Vishal

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Email.

HTML body of the Appointment object can be obtained by using GetAppointmentHtml ( ) function of Appointment class. Please give a try to the following code and let us know your feedback.

MailMessage msg = new MailMessage();

//set the sender
msg.From = "abcabc@gmail.com";

//set the receiver
msg.To = "defdef@gmail.com";

Appointment app = new Appointment(

“Room 112”, //location

new DateTime(2012, 8, 2, 13, 0, 0), //start time

new DateTime(2012, 8, 2, 14, 0, 0), //end time

msg.From,//organizer

msg.To //attendee

);

// set time zone
app.SetTimeZone(“America/New_York”);
// set time summary
app.Summary = "Release Meetting";

// set time description app.Description = "Discuss for the next release";

// get html body of the appointment string Html = app.GetAppointmentHtml();

Thanks Kashif. But I was referring to something like SetAppointmentHTML(). Can we assign HTML body to the Description property? Something like

app.description = "<a href=http://www.aspose.com >Aspose"

And it will render it as html?

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback.

We further investigated your requirements and would like to inform you that such feature is not supported by Aspose.Email. At present, only Outlook can support such feature by accepting the X-ALT-DESC property. Please have a look at this LINK for your reference.

The RFC-2445 describes the ALTREP parameter name for some properties, including DESCRIPTION. Outlook ignores the HTML data and uses only text part of the Description property. It is only through the X-ALT-DESC property that Outlook can display description as HTML, but that is also not considered safe as it may have its own security holes.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hi,

I am trying to create the appointment using Aspose.Email.Mail.Appointment for .Net and there is no way to format the description part or the body part. I have multiline text with information in column format. The format shows fine while debugging in VS but once the appointment is created all the content in the body is spread over here and there. Not aligned at all, some of the new line characters are missing. Do we have successful team or client or anybody who has been able to format the body part in Aspose?

Thanks
Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Email and please accept our apology for a delayed response.

In my earlier post, I wrote:

kashif.iqbal:
The RFC-2445 describes the ALTREP parameter name for some properties, including DESCRIPTION. Outlook ignores the HTML data and uses only text part of the Description property. It is only through the X-ALT-DESC property that Outlook can display description as HTML, but that is also not considered safe as it may have its own security holes.

This shows the limitation to be at the Outlook end, as it ignores the HTML data and uses only the text part of the Description property.

However, if you have any such sample appointment file that has such description as per your needs, please provide us that sample file. We will look into it and analyze its implementation in our API. I would also request you to please share your VS code that shows the description formatted as required by you. It will be of additional help if you could provide some screenshots of your required formatting. Looking forward to help you as soon as possible.