Regarding ASPOSE version

We have application where we are using ASPOSE 20.4 dll. We are now planning to upgrade our application with latest version of .net core 5.0 just wanted to understand till what version ASPOSE will support.

@vyeram

Aspose.PDF, Aspose.Page, Aspose.HTML, Aspose.Diagram, Aspose.3D, Aspose.OCR, Aspose.Font, Aspose.SVG, Aspose.Cells and Aspose.Words do support .NET Core and .NET 5.0.

Could you please share which Aspose products you are using?

Thanks for the confirmation we are a paid member and we are using ASPOSE for multiple file conversion into PDF like excel to pdf, image to pdf, word to pdf so ASPOSE will support for these if we go for upgradation into
net core 5.0 is it?

@vyeram

Yes, you can upgrade to the latest version of Aspose APIs with .NET 5.0 to convert documents to PDF.

Hi Tahir,
as I got confirmation from my team that we are using ASPOSE.TOTAL product which is used for all kind of conversion just to sure this will support .net 5.0.

Thanks,
Vaishali

@vyeram

Thanks for your feedback. Please let us know if you face any issue while using Aspose APIs.

one more query here as I mentioned we are using ASPOSE 20.4 dll and ASPOSE.Total product. for upgradation .net 5.0 do we use existing license or need to purchase another one.

@vyeram

You can check the expiry date of your license by opening the license file in notepad. You will see the following tag in your license file:

<SubscriptionExpiry>20220805</SubscriptionExpiry>

It means that you can free upgrade to a version of Aspose products which are published before 5th August 2022. If you do not want to renew your license, you can use the Aspose products released before expiry date.

we are using ASPOSE.TOTAL product which is used for all kind of conversion just to sure this will support .net 6.0

@vyeram

Yes, Aspose products support .NET 6.0. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Total for .NET and let us know if you face any issue.

For .net 6.0 what Aspose.Total version I have to use

@vyeram,

It is better you browse your desired .NET APIs manually (one by one) in the Downloads section or in Nuget repos. and try the latest (available) version of each API.

Hi,

we are using ASPOSE.TOTAL product which is used for all kind of conversion but currently I am using .net 6.0 and while converting from HTML to PDF I am getting messge

Evaluation only.Created with Aspose.Words. Coptyright 2003-2022 ASPOSE Pvt ltd.

can you please clarify

@vyeram,

If you are getting evaluation watermark in the generated/output PDF documents and you do not get any exception, apparently, it means your licensing code (where you instantiate License class from Aspose.Words API separately at the start of your application) is not processed at all. So, kindly make sure your licensing code should be processed at first during the life cycle of the application. You may restart your server and application too. Also, you may specify some break points at the lines of code where you set the license for Aspose APIs to make sure if indeed the licensing code is processed and it could access the correct/valid license file fine?.

We are using license past 3 years and there were no issue but currently we migrated to ,net 6.0 and issue is occurring for wordtopdf,htmltopdf,pdftopdf rest is working fine.

@vyeram,

We are sorry for the issue you encountered. Our colleagues from Aspose.Words and Aspose.PDF teams will evaluate your issue and get back to you soon.

@vyeram

Can you please confirm if you are facing issue specifically with Aspose.PDF API during conversion? Please try to create a simple console application .NET 6 and use the API in it. If you are able to reproduce the issue, please share the sample application with us in .zip format. We will use it to replicate the issue in our environment and address the issue accordingly.

we have added new ASPOSE license but still it is not working for.net 6.0 for wordtopdf, htmltopdf can you please clarify.

@vyeram It looks like you encountered a know WORDSNET-24718. The problem occurs because CodePorting.Translator.Cs2Cpp.Control module was improperly merged into Aspose.Words.Pdf2Word.dll and this causes an exception when Pdf2Word module is used in Aspose.Words. We will keep you informed and let you know once the problem is resolved.

I am using license (ASPOSE.TOTAL .NET.LIC) in my production application which is in .net 6.0 and we are facing issue from past 15 days. now we can’t wait more. Please advise me as soon as possible.

cc: @alexey.noskov