Regarding containerizing some functions offered by Aspose.Words, Aspose.Cells, Aspose.Slides and Aspose.Pdf

Hi, Aspose

I’m currently trying to containerizing this script using Docker on Windows Server Core.
script.zip (6.2 KB)
The aim to use Windows Server Core as the OS of docker container is to avoid graphics’ matters.

Before implementing the above objective, I would like to confirm if it is actually possible to containerize all the functions in the script (Aspose.words, Aspose.cells, Aspose.slides, Aspose.pdf used) using Linux + docker environment without having problem related to graphics ?

I often refer to these ariticles.

@shun1985

You can surely try using all the APIs in Docker Container by putting the required methods in one class. However, please check the Aspose.Cells Limitations for Docker environment in the documentation section as well before implementing the functionality.

Furthermore, you can also containerize Aspose.Slides and Aspose.PDF with the following dependencies:

• libgdiplus package (updated) - required for both Aspose.Slides and Aspose.PDF
  • msttcorefonts package (MS Core Fonts) - required for Aspose.PDF

Further information about Aspose.Words has already been given in the documentation over the same link that you already have shared. Please feel free to let us know in case you need further assistance.

@shun1985

Adding more to our previous response, do you want to use Docker installed on Linux and Windows Server is running in the docker?

@asad.ali

Thank you for your assistance !
I was considering one of the two options:

1. use Docker installed on Linux (host OS) and use linux based image to run the Docker (Linux container)

2. use Docker installed on Windows Server (host OS) and use Windows Server running on the Docker (Windows container)

Is it posseble to realize the 3rd options as you asked ?

use Docker installed on Linux and Windows Server is running in the docker

@shun1985

We are not sure that this is possible to use Windows Docker under Linux.

We will further gather the information about above particular scenarios for you and will share with you in a while.