Regarding Import MPP

Hi Team,

I am unable to save the changes in the MPP when ever I am updating an existing exported MPP.
It is not allowing me to save that. (I am using MPP 2010 ).

When Somehow I am saving that and trying to read the MPP on import Aspose is throwing Project Reading Exception.

Inner exception is {“An item with the same key has already been added.”}.

(I have removed the task names and changed to letter a as such I saw the MPP became blank and is showing as Project1; the one in the attachment.)

Please let me know what should I do in this regard.

Thanks
Abhishek Prasad.

Hi Abhishek,

We have been in touch with you for quite some time now and trying to assist you for resolution of your issues. However, due to the unavailability of enough sample code and data from your end, we are completely unable to look into your problem for assisting you further. We understand that your data may be residing in some database that you are not able to share with us. However, you can use DataTables or other embedded database of Visual Studio project for providing to us in order to assist you further. Please note that we can’t help you unless we are able to reproduce the problem at our end and investigate it at our end for reporting to our Product team or assisting you.

In this particular as well, we would request you to please share your sample application along with sample data so that we can look into it, execute it at our end for reproducing the problem for our analysis and assisting you further. We hope you will share something complete with us that doesn’t miss necessary information for investigation of the issue.

Looking forward to assist you further in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

Thanks for your response!

We are unable to provide you with the exact data as we will need approval from higher authority due to confidentiality for sharing the data.

I tried sharing dummy data creating an exe. file, but in exe. file we are not getting the performance issue as we are getting in the real time scenario. (You replied saying you were able to download the file in 6 seconds for 1000 items.).

Before this mail I asked you to please check for the resource issue. (It is working as expected now.)

For that I did a logic change I added the resource in the resource sheet first and then just set the resource name in the loop. by doing this we are able to download 1000 items in 20 seconds as reverted by you.

My Export Logic as of now is working and is taking 4 minutes to download 4000 items.
(Would have been better if we were able to download it more faster.)

Currently I am working on the Import logic.

I am exporting the data(It contains some hidden fields i.e. workstreamId and Task Id)
and we are using an Action Flag Column (which has option Update Delete and Insert).
If we are doing any action in the MPP; we will have to mark the Action Flag Accordingly.

Regards
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

We understand your concern about not sharing your company data. However, please note that without it and a sample runnable application that we can execute at our end to reproduce the issue here, we’ll not be able to investigate the problem and assist you for resolving your issues. As you have seen, we already have tried to reproduce the problem at our end by creating tasks and assigning resources, but it was of no help. We appreciate your understanding in this regard.

PS: You can always create a new post in Private mode or ask us to mark your existing threads to private so that you can share your data with us without worrying about it being accessible to other members. At Aspose, we are committed to the secrecy of our customer’s data and use it only for investigation of reported problem.

Hi Team,

I already attached an MPP File. Please try reading it from your end and let me know if you are also getting the same issue/ error Project Reading Exception.

Please let me know how can I solve that issue.

Thanks
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for providing sample MPP file.

This issue is re-produced and logged under Id: TASKSNET-1723 for further investigation by the product team. You will be notified once any update is received in this regard.

Thanks for your response Kashif !!

Regards
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Kashif,

We have a deployment very near and need some solutions ASAP.
Please provide the solution for the same.

Thanks again

Regards
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

The issue has been logged too recently and will be investigated upon its turn. We’ll update you here once there is some information available in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

Thanks for your response.

I also wanted to mention that it is failing for almost
all scenario

and hence a core piece of functionality i.e. reading mpp is missing from the ASPOSE dll.

Go Live is 1 week away so I am worried. Any workaround or any kind of solution if you have, Please help me.

Thanks

Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

I have passed on your concerns to the product team and will write back here immediately once any update is received in this regard.

Hi Kashif,

Is there any POC with whom we can setup a meeting, someone senior from the Aspose Team,
any direct email Id/Phone no.

Please let us know. (We have purchased the license.)

Regards
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

We are sorry but you can only write to us via the Tasks forum or File a complaint that will be addressed at its earliest by one of our POC.

Hi Abhishek,

Our product team is currently working over this issue and we are planning to provide a hotfix for this problem earlier next week. We’ll update you here once there is further information available in this regard.

Hi Team,

Any updates on this.
Please revert.

Thanks
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

Our product team has investigated the issue and found that the internal structure of this file is broken. It only opens in MSP 2010. Even the latest versions of MSP like 2013 and 2016 are not able to open it. Could you please share with us if this file was created using MSP or Aspose.Tasks? You can find attached MPP file that we have generated after ignoring certain errors while loading the file and saving to disc. Please have a look at it and share with us if this is your expected output.

Hi Kashif,

Thanks for your response!!

This file was generated using Aspose.Tasks .

We are using a blank MPP Template for export purpose which is used as a stream and exporting the MPP.
Now with the Exported MPP we are reading it for Importing the data.

On reading it is throwing Exception, This is the error we are facing.

Also, I checked the attachment and we need the same as output for import.

Please let me know in case you need some more details.

Thanks !!
Regards
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for sharing feedback. Could you confirm to us again if the attached MPP Output file, TASKSNET-1723.mpp, is what do you want to be able to read when you read the exported file you shared with us?

abhishekpd:

Also, I checked the attachment and we need the same as output for import.

Also, can you elaborate what you mean by “we need the same as output for import”? Moreover, please note that you can share your sample application/data with us by making the thread private or by sending private email to us in your reply. That will help us generate such an MPP file (with broken file structure) and assist you in a better way.

Hi Kashif,

Yes you are right we should be able to read the file like the one you shared as attachment.

Thanks
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Kashif,

Any Updates on the same? Our product is already Go Live

Please help.

Thanks again !!

Regards
Abhishek Prasad