Regarding performance Issue in writing bulk tasks to MPP

Hi Team,

On writing bulk task I am getting performance issue and it is taking too much of time to download.

Please find attached document with the required details.

Thanks
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

I am afraid that no code snippet is attached with this thread. Please provide us a complete and simple project which can be compiled and executed to re-produce the scenario. It will help us to identify the issue and provide assistance at the earliest.

Hi Team,(Kashif sir)

Thanks for your response!!

PFA the required code which you can use to check, How can I make the performance faster when downloading the MPP.

Please Read the ExportMPP.mpp file and convert it to List as per the Entity Task and pass that to ExportMPP.

SampleProject.mpp is the blank file where we will be writing the tasks which is coming from the UI. (In your case it will come from the ExportMPP.mpp file )

Please reply asap, we have a deployment very close. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for providing the sample data. Could you please provide us the function also to read the ExportMPP file and map its fields with the Entity Tasks to prepare the list. It will help us to provide you assistance as soon as possible.

Hi Kashif/ Team

Need a help in the performance of Export for downloading the MPP.

PFA the code which will help you in the analysis of the same.

The issue which I am facing is when I am trying to write more than 310 Items, the page is become unresponsive and I am unable to download the MPP.

For more than 1000 items the page is getting time out.

Thanks in advance !!

Please reply ASAP we have a deployment and we have purchased the license of Aspose,
Do let me know if there is a way to connect and share my screen.

Thanks
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for providing us the sample code.

I have tried this code and it just takes about 6 seconds to generate this MPP file having about 1016 tasks. I am afraid that no such issue is observed where this process is hanged. I have tried it in console application as well as with ASP.NET application. Could you please explain if you are facing issue with this code which you have sent to us or there are any other steps to re-produce this issue using this sample code? Your cooperation is highly appreciated in this regard.

Hi Team,

Sample Data is a repetitive data which I provided to you as such it is working perfectly, I cannot give you the DB Structure, Is there a way to connect with you and share my screen?
(We have purchased 10 user License of Aspose).

Can you provide me some logic which is already implemented for export purpose of MPP?
I mean if you already have some code shared to you by some other resource.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Thanks
Abhishek Prasad

Hi Abhishek,

We have analyzed your code and afraid to share that we don’t see any issues in your code and are unable to reproduced the scenario at our end. We have some performance issues fixed in upcoming release. We suggest you to try it at your end once it is available and share your feedback if it solves your issue. This new product will be released in a week or so.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused to you in this regard.