[Regression] Empty HTML rendered from XLSX in the latest Aspose.Cells

Hi,

When converting an XLSX to HTML using the latest Aspose.Cells (20.8.0 and 20.9.0), I noticed now the HTML is empty, even if it was working fine with the old Aspose.Cells 20.2.0.

Code:

var workbook = new Workbook(@".\test.xlsx");
var htmlSaveOptions = new HtmlSaveOptions
{
ExportHiddenWorksheet = false,
HiddenColDisplayType = HtmlHiddenColDisplayType.Remove,
HiddenRowDisplayType = HtmlHiddenRowDisplayType.Remove,
ExportActiveWorksheetOnly = true
};
workbook.Save(@".\test.html", htmlSaveOptions);

I’ve attached the test files for your reference. Could you please take a look?

test.zip (14.3 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

The issue is already fixed in newer fixes. For example, please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.9.9 (attached)
Aspose.Cells20.9.9 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.9.9 For .NetStandard20.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.9.9 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)

I tested using your sample code and template file with it, it works fine and as expected.

Let us know your feedback.

Hi @Amjad_Sahi thanks for your quick update.

I tried this 20.9.9 and found the HTML is indeed no longer empty. However, compared to the old 20.2.0 output, I noticed some extra columns in the new output.

image.png (70.9 KB)

Supposedly, all hidden columns should be removed in the HTML as configured in the HtmlSaveOptions, so the extra column shouldn’t exist. Therefore, I believe there is still a regression that makes it not behave as expected as the old version.

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

Alright, we noticed the issue as you mentioned. We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-47643” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know.

@ServerSide527,
This is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide you the fixed version after performing QA and incorporating other enhancements and fixes.

@ServerSide527,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v20.11.2 (attached)

Your issue should be fixed in it.

Let us know your feedback.
Aspose.Cells20.11.2 For .Net2_AuthenticodeSigned.Zip (5.4 MB)
Aspose.Cells20.11.2 For .Net4.0.Zip (5.4 MB)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-47643) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by simon.zhao

Seems to be working fine now.

Thank you

@ServerSide527,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new version/fix. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.