[Regression] Setting values & calculate corrupts the workbook in recent version of Aspose.Cells

Hi,

After upgrading Aspose.Cells to 23.3.0 from 22.8.0, I noticed a workbook got corrupted (cannot be opened) if I set a value to a cell and calculate the formulas. This worked fine in the old Aspose.Cells version.

Code:

var doc = new Workbook(@".\test.xlsx");
        var activeWorksheet = doc.Worksheets[1];
        activeWorksheet.SetCellValue(0, 2, "Itaú");
        doc.CalculateFormula();
        doc.Save(@".\out.xlsx");

I’ve attached the test files (including the correct output from 22.8.0 and the corrupted output from 23.3.0) for your reference. Could you please take a look at this as file corruption may make the upgrade unusable and blocks us from using the recent version?

test.zip (123.3 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CELLSNET-53124

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@ServerSide527,

This is to inform you that your issue has been resolved. This fix will be included in our upcoming Aspose.Cells v23.5, scheduled for release in the first half of May 2023. You will be notified when the next version is published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-53124) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi

Hi @amjad.sahi

Thanks for the update. I have tried the latest version Aspose.Cells v23.5 today but found that there seems to still be an issue with the output, where it could no longer be opened by Open XML SDK Productivity Tool.

This is an official Microsoft tools to inspect Office document and can be downloaded here (Release Open XML SDK 2.5 Productivity Tool · dotnet/Open-XML-SDK · GitHub). It can open the output generated by Aspose.Cells v22.8.0 fine but cannot open the new output generated by v23.5.0 with the below error:
image.png (36.8 KB)

I have also tried to open it using the latest Open XML SDK (2.20.0) and it threw the same exception.

It seems that even if Office can open the file now, there is still something broken in the new output that used to work fine with the old Aspose version (e.g. 22.8.0). Not being able to open the file from Open XML SDK means that something is broken in the XML package and also prevents us from doing further customized processing on this document.

I’ve attached the new output file for you (the other test files are the same as the attachments in the initial comment). Could you please help me take a look?

out-23.5.0.zip (40.5 KB)

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,
Thank you for your feedback and the resources for the found issue. We will look into it soon.

@ServerSide527

For the issue that the generated xlsx cannot be opened by Open XML SDK Productivity Tool, we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system.

Issue ID: CELLSNET-53463

And we will fix it soon.

@ServerSide527,

We have fixed the compatibility issue. Moreover, we have fixed an issue regarding search target sheet. The fix will be included in the next release (Aspose.Cells v23.6) which is scheduled in this week. You will be notified when the next version is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-53463) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi