We're sorry Aspose doesn't work properply without JavaScript enabled.

Free Support Forum - aspose.com

Remove existing signature

I need the ability to detect if a pdf has already been signed, and if so I need to remove that signature.
I can’t seem to find methods to do either of these… Is there currently any way of doing this with the latest Aspose.pdf or Aspose.pdf.kit assemblies? if not, I guess this is a feature request.

Hi,

You can check either the pdf file contains digital signatures or not, while using IsContainSignature method of PdfFileSignature class in Aspose.pdf.Kit. But I am afraid that removing of any already present signature information from pdf file is not yet supported. I have contacted the development team, to inquire if we can support this feature.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

Hi,

Thank you for considering aspose products.

Now Aspose.pdf.kit doesn't support to remove signatures in the pdf document, but we think your advice is reasonable. After investigating this feature carefully, we plan to support this feature in a week.

Could you provide a status update on this? I’m needing it and its been well over a week.

Hi,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Our development team is working hard to implement this feature. I have also contacted the development team to update you with the status of implementation. Your patience in this regard is highly appreciated.

Hi,

This function has been supported in the Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .Net 3.3.0.0, please download it and test the function using PdfFileSignature.RemoveSignature(string signName).