Remove first line from pdf file (Banner)

Hi I would like to remove the first line from an existing Pdf file and save the file again. Is this possible with Aspose pdf.kit. if so is there a code snippit available?

Any help is appriciated.

With best regards,
Ron

Hi Ron,

Are you interested in removing a line of text from a PDF file, or there is some other requirement? I’m afraid, removing a line of text is not supported by Aspose.Pdf.Kit; however if you elaborate your requirement a little bit along with some example, we might consider to provide this feature in our future versions.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi,

I did some more research myself and came up with the following functionality to remove the text from the first line.

PdfContentEditor editor = new PdfContentEditor();
editor.BindPdf(this.FILENAME);
editor.ReplaceText(_Predefined, "");
editor.Save(@"C:\temp\test.pdf");

The text to be replaced in _Predefined =
^[varinx REPORTTITLE + "Reps With New Start Date" varinx REPORTID + "STARTS100"]

However this replace function does not work at all. So I'm back to where I started.

Reason I want to do this is that one of my prospect generated a lot of PDF's with a banner on the first line that need to be parsed by my program and removed afterwards.
It would be great if this functionality becomes available but a workaround would be working for me as well.
I Attached an example with a Banner line. This is the example I used for the code above as well.

Any help on this nasty issue is apriciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Hi Ron,

I have reproduced the problem at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-13025 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once the issue is resolved. I’m afraid, we can’t suggest you some workaround either at the moment.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 13025) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.