Remove single character with backspace in GridWeb similar to MS Excel with Aspose.Cells for .NET in C#

Hi,

After single click on cell and entering data, if we use the backspace it is removing all content in the cell instead of removing single character.

PFA the sample code.

Could you please help us in solving the issue asap.

Thanks.

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project.

I have confirmed in MS Excel, when you select a cell by single clicking on it (by mouse) and press backspace, it removes the existing content in the cell, so, the behavior of GridWeb is same as per MS Excel. You need to click two times to get the cursor in the cell, now when you press backspace key, it will remove a single character in it.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

But it is working fine in Microsoft Excel. Let me explain our issue in detail.

Please follow the steps in both Microsoft Excel & Aspose Gridweb

Step1: Single click on any cell

Step2: Type ABC

Step3: Immediately click on backspace, in Microsoft Excel it is removing only "C" where as in Aspose Gridweb it is removing total content "ABC"

Expected result is, in Aspose Gridweb also it has to remove only "C".

Please let us know how can we solve this issue asap.

Thanks

Hi,

I have checked your scenario / case in GridWeb. Well, it provides the same behavior but you have to add an additional step to the task. The slightly different behavior of GridWeb might be due to web platforms’ restrictions.

See the complete details of your steps with an additional step:

Step1: Single click on any cell

Step2: Type ABC

Step3: Single click on it again to instantiate the edit mode and make the cell focus.

Step4: Click on backspace, now it is removing one character only.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

But it is again introducing one more additional step, which is usability concern for our customer because user has to click again to remove single character.

Is it possible to introduce this feature nearby?

Thanks

Hi,

Well, currently, you have to to perform the Step3 (as per my mentioned steps) otherwise it will remove all the contents in one go for backspace character. Anyways, for your requirement, I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41870”. We will check if we can enhance it as per your needs and as per MS Excel.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.
Hi,

Well, there are two edit ways:
1) If the focus is inside the cell, it will just function as basic contents' edit.
2) While in fast edit mode, the focus is on the cell, The editing object is based on the whole cell, so when you hit the backspace character it just removes the content of the cell.

And, I am afraid, this is by design.

Thank you.

Thanks for your reply.

It is working fine with 2.5.1.2001 version Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll, not working with 2.7.19.2000 version Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll.

PFA the sameple code where it is working by using 2.5.1.2001 version Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll.

Please let us know what changes we have to do for 2.7.19.2000 version Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.dll to work as Microsoft Excel

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the sample project with v2.5.1.2001 (GridWeb).

After an initial test using your attached project with v2.5.1.2001(GridWeb), it works and I don’t have to use my mentioned Step3 anymore. I have logged your comments with your project/details against your issue “CELLSNET-41870” into our database. Our concerned developer will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached acwmain.js file with the latest version of Aspose.Cells.GridWeb, it should work fine now for your requirements.

Thank you.