Remove Tables

Aspose Words for Jasper exports the content with hidden tables sometimes. Is there a mechanism to delete the table content using Aspose Words for Java? Also, these two jars are not working together and causing ClassChangeError

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure, you can use Aspose.Words to remove content form documents. Every node in DOM has method Remove(). You should just call this method to remove the particular document from the document.
Regarding problem with using Aspose.Words for Java and Aspose.Words for JasperReports in the same application, I think you can resolve this by wrapping Aspose.Words for Java into a separate Jar.
Best regards,

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. We would like to keep the content (paragraphs) intact but the background hidden tables need to be taken out. Is it possible? We want the aspose generated rtf document content to be as naturally editable for the user as possible.

Appreciate help!

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Could you please attach your input document and expected output? I will check the documents and try to help you.
Best regards,

https://forum.aspose.com/t/59215

The attachment applies to this post also. Please use the same example.

Plase explain a little bit more on how to work with Aspose .Words for java and Aspose .Words for jasper in the same classloader.

Thanks

Hi

Thank you for additional information. As I can see you do not need to remove table, you just need to reset left indent of paragraphs inside table to make them visible. So to achieve this just loop through all paragraphs in the document and reset left indent.
I thought about wrapping Aspose.Words jar into your own jar. So Aspose.Words was inaccessible from the main application. In your jar you can make only one public class that will internally use Aspose.Words.
Best regards,

Are you planning to fix the indent? The editability is the main motivation to remove the tables. Is it possible to remove background tables? Once a table is rendered, there are blank lines coming out after that. Is there anway to fix it? Why are there so many problems with the tables? Is it because of relatively new feature in jasper?

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. Sure, we are aware of this issue. And let you know once it is resolved.
Best regards,