Removing field inside another Field

Hi,

I am using Aspose Words for java. I insert a autofield(fileName) in my document.After I inserted a autofield(author) by keeping the cursor inside the autofield(fileName). Now while using aspose API, i am getting nodes as

FieldStart(fieldType=fileName)
Run
FieldSeperate
Run
FieldStart(fieldType=author)

Run

FieldSeperate

Run

FieldEnd
FieldEnd

I want to remove the author nodes between the fileName nodes…How to do that.Please assist me.

Hi
Thanks for your request. The easiest way to handle this is using DOCPROPERTY fields instead of FILENAME and AUTHOR fields. In this case, when you update fields and there is a field nested into the DOCPROPERTY field result, the nested field will be removed automatically.
Since Aspose.Words does not support updating FILENAME and AUTHOR fields at the moment, the same does not work for these fields. However, we plan to support updating these fields in a month or so.
Please let me know if using DOCPROPERTY fields is acceptable for you.
Best regards,

Thanks for your reply. I need a list of issues you are facing in docx format(like font family mentioned in theme, image properties etc.,).

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, we do not have such list for DOCX format yet. Once it is available, you will be able to find it here:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/java/features/
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4680) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.