Removing signature from a PDF

Going on with my experiments, I was trying to remove a signature (with Aspose.Pdf v6.9.0.0) from a pdf generated (and signed) with Aspose.Words (v11.3.0.0), via DigitalSignatureDetails.

The pdf loads without any problems in different readers, and I can actually see its signature details.

I’ve simply copied the sample code in the help file under “Remove Digital Signature from the PDF File (Facades)”. The generated exception states “Initializer has invalid format”.

Am I missing something?

TIA

Hi Riccardo,

Thanks for using our products and sharing the template PDF document.

I tested the scenario using source code shared over Remove Digital Signature from the PDF File (Facades) and noticed the same issue but when I opened your provided document in Adobe Acrobat, on the left side of the Signature Panel bar is written "At least one signature has problems". This issue might be because of problem in signatures. So, kindly share the complete source code you are using with us. This will help us to figure out the issue and get the cause of the issue soon. Moreover, kindly download and try to use the latest version of Aspose.Pdf for .NET v7.0.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thanks & Regards,

rashid.ali:

... when I opened your provided document in Adobe Acrobat, on the left side of the Signature Panel bar is written "At least one signature has problems".

Well, it's probably because you have to manually add the certificate to your trusted identities. Once you'll have done it, the warning message will disappear.
Just right click on the signature, then select "Show Signature Properties". On the popup dialog, click on "Show certificate", then select "Trust" tab, and click on "Add to trusted identities".

I've attached the full sample source code; temporary evaluation license is included in my project as embedded resource.

Hi Riccardo,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Thank you for sharing the sample code and template file.

I am able to generate your mentioned issue after an initial test. Your issue has been registered n our issue tracking system with issue id: PDFNEWNET-33746. You will be notified via this forum thread regarding any updates against this issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNEWNET-33746) have been fixed in Aspose.Pdf for .NET 9.8.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using BugNotificationTool from Downloads module by MuzammilKhan