Render (3D) text in scene

Hi,

I have one question regarding to Aspose.3D.
Does Aspose.3D have Text 3D geometry: is it possible to render text in 2D/3D scene?

Kind regards,
P Nguyen

@phapnguyen

Could you please share a sample expected output file for our reference so that we can further check the feasibility of this feature and share our feedback accordingly.

Hi,

Herewith you can find the requested attachments.
The attachments show the label text “1” which I want to render in the 2D/3D scene.

3DLabel.png (24.6 KB)
scene (30).zip (4.6 KB)

Kind regards,
Phap Nguyen

@phapnguyen

We are afraid that the required feature is not yet supported. However, a feature request as THREEDNET-977 has been logged in our issue tracking system. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its implementation. Please be patient and spare us some time.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

@asad.ali

A GLTF/GLB 2.0 file, which has text or label geometry, can now also not be rendered with Aspose 3D, which should be.

Can you also look at this?

Kind regards,
Phap Nguyen

scene_text.zip (4.6 KB)

@phapnguyen

We will surely investigate your recent inquiry as we have logged a ticket as THREEDNET-982 in our issue management system for the purpose. We will further look into its details and keep you posted with the status of its correction. Please be patient and spare us some time.

@phapnguyen

Please try the attached hotfix as the issue has been resolved in it.

Aspose.3D-21.10.1.zip (6.8 MB)

Hi Asad,

Thank you for your response.
However I’m not succeeded to export an GLB file from an existing GLB.
I’m trying to use the code below:

Scene scene = new Scene();
scene.Open(@“C:\temp\3DModel.glb”);
scene.Save(@“C:\temp\scene_text_output.glb”, FileFormat.GLTF2_Binary);

The output file can not be opened in 3D-Viewer. What am I missing?

kind regards,
Phap Nguyen

3DModel.zip (26.1 KB)

Hi Asad,

I found the cause of the problem. The input GLB (came from other system) contains en-US culture, e.g. “0.5”. My local system has other culture with format “0,5”. So you need to improve your decimal conversion properly.

kind regards,
Phap Nguyen

@phapnguyen

Thanks for sharing your findings. We have also taken them into account and we are pleased to know that you are able to resolve your issue. Please feel free to create a new topic in case you need further assistance.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as THREEDNET-982) have been fixed in Aspose.3D for .NET 21.11.

Hi,

How can I create a 3D text (text geometry) in scene?

Kind regards,
P Nguyen

@phapnguyen

We are collecting the related information and will get back to you shortly.

@phapnguyen

Please note that you can only render/open the file using API but cannot create it. There was a bug in old version to render such file, and that has been fixed. But still Aspose.3D does not support rendering or creating a 3D text geometry. A feature request as THREEDNET-1014 has been logged in our issue tracking system for this functionality. We will let you know as soon as it is resolved. Please spare us some time.

Hi Asad,

What is the expected date of THREEDNET-1014? Is that few weeks or few months?

Kind regards,
Phap

@phapnguyen

Regretfully, the investigation against the ticket could not get completed yet and we are unable to share any kind of ETA at the moment. However, your concerns have been recorded and we will surely update you as soon as we have some definite news regarding ticket resolution. We highly appreciate your patience and comprehension in this matter.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Has the THREEDNET-977 feature request to render 3d text been implemented?

@PStevelmans

Aspose.3D does not have a Text Geometry. However, the rendering bug was fixed in 21.11