Render Custom XML Part Bound Plain Text Content Controls (SDT) during Word DOCX to PDF Conversion C# .NET

I am trying to generate PDF from docx where docx contains STD which is bound to CustomXML part. I have created a simple sample to demonstrate the issue:

1. The sample is written using Aspose.Words 18.12.0 and dotnet core
  2. Open the project in VSCode
  3. Open command and run dotnet restore and then dotnet run
  4. You will see there is docx folder. In that folder, you will see the test1.docx and test.pdf
  5. If you open the pdf you will the placeholder for plain text SDT
  6. If you open the test1.docx file then you will see the updated content in SDT.

Note:
If you open this document in MS Word and save then you will be able to generate pdf with content.

AsposeCXPBinding.zip (1.8 KB)

@gkukko,

We tested the scenario and managed to reproduce the same problem on our end. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system. The ID of this issue is WORDSNET-17905. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

@awais.hafeez
Can I get the ETA on fix? I am continuously monitoring this issue but tentative date would help me to plan my work.

@gkukko,

This issue is currently ‘in development’ phase. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved or any estimates are available. We apologize for any inconvenience.

@gkukko,

Regarding WORDSNET-17905, it is to update you that the solution for this problem is being developed. Rough estimate is Aspose.Words’ 19.3 March release. Please note that this estimate is not final at the moment. If everything goes by plan, then we will include this fix in 19.3 version. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. Thanks for being patient.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-17905) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 19.3 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 19.3 update.