Render English Korean Unicode Characters in RDL Report to PDF SQL Reporting Services .NET

I have a SQL report that includes English and Korean characters in unicode. I would like to export this report to Word. When I use you 2.1.0.0 version of .WORDS, the english comes across fine, but the Korean is ‘invisible’ If I select the Korean characters, and change the font manually, I can see the characters.
What do I need to do to ensure that the proper font designations come across. Is your product able to do this?

This message was posted using Aspose.Live 2 Forum

Hi
Thanks for your request. Could you please attach your RDL report for reviewing?
Best regards.

Here is the RDL.

Hi,
Thanks for attachment. I will be looking into your issue shortly.

Strange, but on my side everything appears fine, please find attached. Can you see the Korean characters in the document? I’m using Aspose.Words for Reporting Services 2.3.0.0 and Microsoft Word 2007 SP1.

Thanks for the help so far. I was unable to install your 2.2.0.0 version of the product in a .NET development environment based on your posted instructions. Things worked fine with the 2.1.0.0 version. Rather than troubleshoot the 2.2.0.0 version, I just used the 2.1.0.0 version. I am also using Word 2003, not 2007.
Does it work for you with this production combination?

Hmm, could you please tell why you failed to install 2.2.0.0 first? It might be important.

When I first tried the 2.2.0.0 DLL, I was receiving an error about ‘collections’ and the components never showed up as a choice for export. I got the 2.1.0.0 installed without this error, but had the font problem in the resulting document. This morning, I replaced the 2.1.0.0 dll with the 2.2.0.0 dll, and I didn’t receive errors above, but the Korean characters still are blank, unless I highlight them and select a different font.
Could it be something with the Eval version messing things up? Attached is the resulting DOC file when I export.

No, this has nothing to do with the evaluation version. Instead, I believe you should simply specify a font that supports Korean characters right in the RDL report. Currently you specify Arial which leads to the fact Word 2003 displays the characters incorrectly, so does Acrobat Reader when exporting the report to PDF (i.e. even the MS renderer cannot properly export the text in Arial).
Back to the error you experienced with 2.2.0.0, could you please make it more precise? If possible, please tell us on what stage the error appeared (installation, export etc) and what exactly the error was. This information would be very helpful.
Thanks.