Render HTML in PDF | Aspose.PDF for Reporting Services | HTML Tags are not rendered in PDF

I am using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 to produce reports. I have a need to translate the html tags within a column value into rich text format when a PDF is opened from the report.

Downloaded apose.pdf for reporting services trial version. Used the msi version to install. Added the following to rsreportserver.config:

<Extension Name="APPDF" Type=" Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices.Renderer,Aspose.Pdf.ReportingServices ">

<Configuration>

<EnableHTMLFormatting>True</EnableHTMLFormatting>

</Configuration>

</Extension>

Following was the HTML text contained within a field:

organizational goals test area

This is a second line

This is font size 12

This is BOLD

This is italic. And I am typing some more text just to see how it comes out in the report.  An important part of testing

Ad important test is formattting this in a readable form in the PDF.

1. This is one
  2. This is two
  3. This is three
  • This is 1
  • This is 2
  • This is 3

This is underlined

This is not underlined

The online chat folks could not help with anything and had asked me to post the issue here.

Is there anything else I need to configure, such as within the RDLC, to tell the report to convert the HTML?

Thanks you.

John Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Pdf for Reporting Services.

Currently AP4RS product does not support all of the tags in HTML,it mainly puts emphasis on the custom design for sub-content of TextBox,so the paragraph with HTML tags you listed would not be well parsed.

We have made plan to implement it in some later version.

sorry for your inconvenience!