Render to depth map

Hi,

I would like to be able to render to a greyscale depth map, is this possible? In spherical image projection. If not, I suggest to add it to the wish list for new features.

Havard

@havarsa,
Kindly send us your sample of grey scale depth map. We will investigate and share our findings with you. Your response is awaited.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

Hi Imran,

unfortunately, I do not have any samples that I can share at this time. What I am referring to is an image where pixels represent the distance from the camera to the surface of the objects, as opposed to the visual RGB colour you get in the traditional render. From the depth map I would like to be able to read out the distance to everything in the image, based on the pixel greyscale value.

Not sure if this was all clear,please let me know it not. I think this could be a great feature for your DLL, and it would definitely open doors for me being able to do depth maps.

Thanks,
Havard Sande

@havarsa,
We have logged a feature request under the ticket ID THREEDNET-288 in our issue tracking system. We will let you know if we require any further details or confirmation about the feature. We have linked your post to this ticket and will keep you informed regarding any available updates.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@havarsa,
In reference to the ticket ID THREEDNET-288, we can render a depth map, but it is not possible to render the depth map in spherical image. Under the logged ticket ID THREEDNET-288, we will implement the rendering of the cube map to spherical image.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@havarsa,
The ticket ID THREEDNET-288 has been resolved. If there is no issue in the quality assurance phase, then this fix will be included in the next version 17.9 of Aspose.3D for .NET API. We will notify you once the next version is published.

Best Regards,
Imran Rafique

@havarsa,
The linked ticket ID THREEDNET-288 has been fixed. Please download and try the new version 17.9 of Aspose.3D for .NET API. The Aspose.3D for .NET 17.9 introduces a new feature which allows to use customized shaders to render the scene for all kinds of materials, so you can override the default shaders to visualize the scene, please refer to the code example under sub heading Renders the scene in Panaroma mode with customized shaders with linearize depth instead of colors.