First of all, I want to thank you for adding rendering functions to your product. It’s a feature we have really been waiting for.
I started testing the rendering engine with a few documents you can find attached and encountered the following problems :
- When a document contains a table of figures like in “doc with table of figures.docx”, Aspose.Words throws a null pointer exception.
- There are paragraph and font issues when exporting to pdf (doc.pdf and
docx.pdf). Please note that the problems are not the same if the
document was saved to doc or docx (doc.doc and docx.docx) with MS Word.
- There are indentation problems with paragraph without numbering whose styles do contain numbering. Please have a look at “Table des illustrations” on page 7 and “Remerciements” on page 6 of doc.pdf.
- The position of shapes with “in front of text” wrapping are not correct like on page 13 of doc.pdf.
- There is too much space after shapes with “in line with text wrapping” like on page 14 and 16 of doc2.pdf compared with the original document doc2.doc. This problem also occurs when exporting these pages to images ("doc2 p14.png and doc2 p16.png)
- When exporting to pdf, some pictures are distorted like in doc.pdf and docx.pdf. This doesn’t happen when converting to images.
Regarding the export to HTML problems, there are indentation and numbering issues when exporting documents like doc2.doc to doc.html.
Also, since your rendering engine is done, do you plan to rasterize shapes when exporting to html and add support for floating shapes?
About your API, I must say I find confusing that some PDF export options are in SaveOptions while others are in SaveToPdfOptions. Couldn’t you merge all thes options?
Hope I could be clear enough.