Rendering Error: Expression in Page Properties

My company has been using Aspose.Slides 4.9.1 for Reporting Services in our Native Mode 2008 R2 environment. Now we are upgrading to SSRS 2014 in SharePoint 2013 Integrated Mode, with Aspose.Slides version 5.1.0.

Most 2014 reports, both new and converted, export as expected. However, there are two related 2014 reports that throw an error when we try to export to PowerPoint. These reports are both complex, dashboard-style reports, created in Visual Studio 2013 for our SSRS 2014 environment.

The error that is recorded in the SSRS log is a rendering error that references page properties, but it doesn't get any more specific than that; the error is unhandled. Within the page properties in the RDL is an expression for BorderColor, and that appears to be what is causing the error.

For now, we can continue developing by changing the BorderColor to a static value. However, I could see a need in the future for us (or others) to leverage expressions in the page properties.

Is this something that can be addressed in a future release?

Diana Schnuth

Hi Diana,

Please accept my apologies for the delayed response.

I have observed the issue shared by you and suggest you to please try using Aspose.Slides for Reporting Services 5.1.3 first on your end. If there is still an issue then please share the RDL file along with SQL script for DDL and DML of data, RPL Export of presentation, generated PDF. Please also provide the stack trace as well with us that is incurring on your end. Please share the requested information so that I may help you further in this regard.

Many Thanks,