RENDERING ISSUES: Extra line breaks and overflow of text

We’ve recently purchased Aspose.Words for Reporting Services and .NET. I’m having rendering issues when exporting a report to word. I’m using the latest version of Aspose.Words for SSRS.
RENDERING ISSUE 1: When displaying a textbox with text lengthy enough to wrap around a textbox, potentially some letters could be chopped off (extends passed boundary that was set in design mode). Also causes an unnecessary page/column break.
RENDERING ISSUE 2: I have a record that has blank data except for its title attribute. This shows unnecessary spacing between that record and the next.
I’ve attached a project that displays how the report should look. There is a drop-down with two options, one that exports to .pdf via MS reportviewer control code-behind (how the report should look), and that exports to word via Aspose code-behind (having rendering issues). I need these reports to look as similar as possible, and I’ve spent hours tweaking the controls to try and get there.

Hi

Thanks for your inquiry. I logged your request in our defect database. you will be notified as soon as the issue is resolved.
Best regards.

Thanks, when can we expect a solution; are there any work arounds?

Hi,
I’m looking into your issues right at the moment so please expect a fix or another solution shortly.
Thank you for patience.

Thanks Dmitry, are there workarounds until the solution is published?

There are no any workarounds, but I’m attaching the current build so that you could try it out. It seems like the issues were fixed. Please let me know if something still persists on your end.
Thanks.

Dmitry,

Thanks for your help on those issues. I still had some problems on my end but was able to work around it.
RENDERING ISSUE 1: When displaying a textbox with text lengthy enough to wrap around a textbox, potentially some letters could be chopped off (extends passed boundary that was set in design mode). Also causes an unnecessary page/column break.
The new build fixed the issue of words cutting off. However, words still extend passed their boundary that was set in the designer. Since words would pass their boundary and continue to the end of the page, I “fixed” this by applying margins.
RENDERING ISSUE 2: I have a record that has blank data except for its title attribute. This shows unnecessary spacing between that record and the next.
I was able to work around this by removing unnecessary rectangle controls which were causing the spacing issues.

I do however, have another issue with another report that is still having spacing issues that I cannot resolve. I’ve attached another project that exploits the rendering issue. In my sample project, I’ve rendered that same report to PDF which displays how the report should look and provided the Aspose export to word report that does a page break on the second page causing a lot of white space and is not the expected behavior.

Hi,
I’m glad to see you have successfully worked the issues around. As to the other issue you have described, it seems like the reason of the difference is as follows. The PDF renderer hides the permuta_description textbox, while in the DOC output it is visible.
Which behaviour you think is correct? I don’t see a reason to hide the textbox. The condition states that it should only be hidden when the value is empty, and therefore the Hidden property of the rendering item object is false, which means it should be visible.
What would you say?

Dmitry,

Thanks for pointing that out. Aspose is outputting the document to word as expected, and the MS ReportViewer is cutting the text since the textbox’s “can grow” property is set to false and is not expanded enough to show text in design mode.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 10675) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.