Rendering Nested HTML Lists in to Word

If there is a nested <ol> tag inside an another <ol> and there is no text enter before the nested <ol>, Aspose does not create a <li> for the nested <ol> but instead add it to the previous <li>. e.g. if I have a Html as below

<html>
<body>
   <ol>
   <li>List 1</li>
   <li>List 2</li>
   <li>
      <ol>
         <li>Nested List 1</li>
         <li>Nested List 2</li>
      </ol>
   </li>
</body>
</html>

Output:

1. List 1
   1. Nested List 1
   2. Nested List 2

What I can see after debugging in to the Aspose Word Object model, Aspose actually add an empty <p> instead of <li>.
Any idea?
Regards
Riaz Afridi

Hi Riaz,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e 10.6 .0 and your input HTML string, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side.I logged this problem in our Issue Tracking System and your request has also been linked to this issue. You will be notified as soon as it is resolved.

If we can help with anything else, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,

Would the fix will be part of next release and if yes, do you have any time farme for the next release?

Hi,

Thanks for your request.

This issue is pending for analysis and is in the queue. Unfortunately, at the moment I cannot provide you any reliable estimate regarding this issue. However, you will surely be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for inconvenience.

Moreover, new versions of Aspose.Words come out at the end of each month and I recommend you to always use the latest version.

Best Regards,

Hi,
We are still waiting on this fix, Due to this bug we can not fix/close our bugs and the client wants them fixed. I repoted this bug almost three months ago and the status is still unresolved.
Is the fix in progress or it has been shelved.
Would be great if you give me status update for this issue.
Regards
Riaz Afridi

Hi Riaz,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issues are pending for analysis. Once our developers analyze these issues, we will be able to provide you an estimate. You will be notify as soon as it is fixed. Sorry for inconvenience.

Any progress on this issue? We are still waiting on this, could you please advise?

Hi Riaz,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, your issue is not resolved yet and there is no further news about this problem. We will keep you informed regarding the status of this issue and let you know once it is resolved. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,
How is this issue progressing? It has been over year since we posted this request. Any updates?
Thanks,
Dan.

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for you inquiry. I have verified the status of your issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that the implementation of this issue has been postponed till a later date. I am afraid, we cannot push it into production right now because there are many other important issues we have to work on. Rest assured, we will inform you as soon as it is resolved. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-5440) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.