Rendering Office 2003 file format document

Hi,

We are evaluating Aspose Words for Java. When we try to insert text in a merge field in a Office 2003 document format, the document is corrupted or rendered in a wrong way.

I’ve attached the result.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hello
Thanks for your request. Could you please provide me a sample document and code, which will allow me to reproduce the problem on my side? I will check the issue and provide you more information.
Best regards,

Hi Rafael,
Thanks for your request. Do you mean the problem with the image? Maybe in your case you should just insert a smaller image.
Also, please attach your template, code and sample data that will allow us to reproduce the problem.
Best regards,

Hi,

We have an excel table and we had copied all the table and pasted into a word document. Additionally, we created 2 mergefield in the document. One mergefield is about inserting a text and the other one is used to insert the image. The problem is that after inserting a text (not even tried to insert the image) in mergefield, the document is rendered in a wrong way as result.doc shows.

But, when we merged some cells (see screenshot.jpg) and then splitted them, there is no problem after inserting text.

We use this code to insert text into a mergefield.

Document documento = new Document(archivo);
FontSettings.setFontsFolder("/usr/share/fonts", true);

documento.getMailMerge().execute(new String[] { "osinumero" }, new Object[] { numeroDocumento });

It only happens with Office 2003 (doc) because we have no problems with Office 2007 (docx).

Thanks for your help.

Hello
Thank you for additional information. I cannot reproduce the problem on my side using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java 10.1.0. Please try using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java (10.1.0). You can download this version from here:
https://releases.aspose.com/words/java
Best regards,

Hi,

We have no problems with the latest version. Thanks.