Rendering Russian fonts in Excel to PDF conversion using C#.NET causes an issue

Hi,

We are using Aspose.Cells for .NET version 17.7 for conversion XLS files to PDF format. We got an issue of supporting the Russian language. Please see the PDF file in the attached ZIP and the initial XLS. The font in the PDF file is absolutely different, because of which part of the content is simply lost.

Please note: to reproduce the issue use the machine without MS Office installed.

DocsWithIssues.zip (83.7 KB)

Thanks,
Roman

@cap.aspose,

Thanks for the template files.

Aspose.Cells requires TrueType fonts when rendering spreadsheets to formats such as PDF, XPS and images. When Aspose.Cells renders a spreadsheet, it requires access to the TrueType fonts used in the spreadsheet.

I have evaluated your issue a bit and I think your issue is due to missing fonts on your system. For your information, Aspose.Cells requires the underlying fonts (used in the workbook) should be installed on the system for rendering features (e.g Sheet to image, Excel to PDF, etc.). It looks like “Arial Cyr” font is not installed with all its flavors. Please make sure you have all the required fonts (used in the workbook) installed on your system.

PS. Aspose.Cells does not need, depend on MS Office or MS Excel or use its automation APIs, it is an independent spreadsheet management library (created in C#).

Hi,

I downloaded latest version of Cells (19.1), installed font Arial Cyr, and attempted to convert XLSX file to PDF. Cells uses appropriate font, but resulting PDF is not the same as produced by Excel’s Save As PDF function. Cells produces PDF with two pages, because the distance between the lines is greater than in the file generated by Excel.

In attached ZIP:

• Insurance_Abroad_Form.xls - initail XLSX file.
  • Insurance_Abroad_Form_By_Cells.pdf - PDF file, generated by Cells.
  • Insurance_Abroad_Form_By_Excel.pdf - PDF file, generated by Excel.
  • Arial Cyr.ttf - Arial Cyr font.

We expect that Aspose Cells will generate same PDF as the Excel does.

Thanks,
Roman

Files.zip (311.1 KB)

@cap.aspose,

Thanks for the template file, font file and output PDF files

After an initial test, I am able to observe the issue as you mentioned by converting your template file to PDF file format. It looks like font issue is sorted out (after installing your attached font). However Aspose.Cells creates two pages (second page only contains 1/2 line(s)) whereas MS Excel creates only 1 page. I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-46563” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

@cap.aspose,

We evaluated your issue further. Sometimes we have little difference with Microsoft Excel while calculating pagination especially when the sheet zoom is not 100. I am afraid, we cannot fix it now for now.

If you change sheet zoom from 83 to 82, the generated PDF file will be only one page by Aspose.Cells.