Rendering speed issue for Pdf with large images

Hi,

I’m currently trying to evaluate a number of .Net PDF components, including Aspose.Pdf. We have a requirement to view and process PDF files that we receive from third-party agencies, and so therefore one of the important requirements is the fidelity of the rendered pages.

I think that Aspose.Pdf is one of the components that seems to render pages faithfully (when compared to Acrobat Reader), but I have found an issue with the rendering speed on certain pages. In particular, a page that contains a set of images (including a fairly high-resolution map) is taking 11-12 seconds to render (using pngDevice or JpegDevice), whereas in other products it takes 1-2 seconds.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be the case? I have a 1 page file that I can upload for testing, which is around 2.5MB.

Also, is there any way around the evaluation limit of 4 pages that can be rendered? I’m trying to check the layout and formatting of documents that we receive which are typically 20-50 pages long, and the 4 page limit means that I’m having to split them into smaller documents to verify the results.

Thanks.

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your interest in our products.

Can you please share the source PDF file so that we can test the scenario at our end. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Also, is there any way around the evaluation limit of 4 pages that can be rendered? I’m trying to check the layout and formatting of documents that we receive which are typically 20-50 pages long, and the 4 page limit means that I’m having to split them into smaller documents to verify the results.

You may request a 30 days temporary license and test our components without any limitations. For further information, please visit Get a temporary license.

Thanks for the information about the temporary license - I can now load the test PDF files that I have with no problems.

I've attached a 1 page extract from a PDF that we receive from a third party. This page takes around 12 seconds to render as PNG on my PC, and the whole document (45 pages) takes 45 seconds to load.

As a comparison, using iTextSharp and GhostScript to perform the same operation takes around 2 seconds for the 1 page file, and 13 seconds for the 45 page file.

Thanks for your help.

JonKnight:
I’ve attached a 1 page extract from a PDF that we receive from a third party. This page takes around 12 seconds to render as PNG on my PC, and the whole document (45 pages) takes 45 seconds to load.

As a comparison, using iTextSharp and GhostScript to perform the same operation takes around 2 seconds for the 1 page file, and 13 seconds for the 45 page file.

Hi Jon,

I have tested the scenario and I am able to reproduce the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged it in our issue tracking system as PDFNEWNET-35479. We will investigate this issue in details and will keep you updated on the status of a correction.

Besides this, can you please share the 45 pages document so that we can also test that scenario at our end. We apologize for your inconvenience.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi Nayyer,

I'm happy to send the file to you, but I'd prefer not to upload it onto the forum, for confidentiality reasons. Can I email it to you (it's less than 2MB zipped)?

Thanks.

Hi Jon,

You may directly send us the documents by following the instructions specified over How to send a license?

Hi Jon,

Thanks for sharing the resource file. I have tested the scenario and have observed that when converting Purchase of 75 Old Church Road - enviro - 195672.00002.pdf file to Image format, the process is taking 2 minutes. The file has been associated with earlier logged PDFNEWNET-35479. The development team will definitely consider resolving this scenario during the resolution of this problem. Please be patient and spare us little time.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFNET-35479) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 18.12.