Rendition of word to pdf is missing dashes in output file (ECDCTS-8920)

Hi Team,

I am trying to transform .docx file to pdf with below code. In output file dashes are missing. I have attached the office and Aspose rendition in zip file. Also I have attached the image file.

files.zip (578.1 KB)

String fileName = "C:\\Input\\PG-5202P-01 HBGS ONOP High PHEATIN.docx";
com.aspose.words.Document document = new com.aspose.words.Document(fileName);
document.save("C:\\output\\PG-5202P-01 HBGS ONOP High PHEATIN.pdf");

Thanks,
Arvind

@rnara Thank you for reporting the problem to us. For a sake of correction it has been logged as WORDSNET-24253. We will keep you informed and let you know once it is resolved.

Hi Team,

Any update on this issue ?

Header is also not rendering properly in the output file.
Attaching the image of input file.

Thanks,
Arvind

@rnara The issue is currently in the queue for analysis. There are not news regarding it yet.

I do not see the difference in header rendering between Aspose.Words and MS Word. Could you please elaborate the problem you are observing?

Hi,

The red line Only use Update Header/Footer Button on PGE Procedure Template tab to Update Header Information! is missing on PDF rendition

Thanks,
Arvind

@rnara This red content is hidden. If you need to export hidden content, you can specify ShowHiddenText option in document’s LayoutOptions:

Document doc = new Document("C:\\Temp\\in.docx");
doc.getLayoutOptions().setShowHiddenText(true);
doc.save("C:\\Temp\\out.pdf");

Hi Team,

Thanks for the update. Now I am able to see red content,
Any update on dashes issue?

Thanks,
Arvind

@rnara The issue with dashes is already resolved in the current codebase. The fix will be included into the next 22.9 (September 2022) version of Aspose.Words. We will be sure to inform you once it is released.

Hi Team,

Any ETA for Aspose.Words.22.9 release expected date ?
For customer this issue is having direct impact on their business.

Thanks,
Arvind

@rnara 22.9 version of Aspose.Words for Java will be released in 2-3 weeks. We will be sure to inform you once it is available.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-24253) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for Java 22.9 update also available on Maven.