Repeat table headers at the top of each page not working when converting DOC to PDF

Dear All,

I am trying to convert a MS Word Document to PDF. The MS Word Document contains a table where Table Properties > Row > Repeat as header row at the top of each page, is enabled. In the MS Word Document, it works fine where the table having multiple rows spanning across pages would display the header on the next page.

But this feature doesn’t seem to work when using Aspose to convert the Word Document to PDF. The converted document (PDF) doesn’t show the table header on top of the next page. I’ve tried using:

doc.save(filename, SaveFormat.PDF)

and

doc.saveToPdf(filename)

I’ve read some topics saying that I should try checking/updating the Heading Format of the said tables and set to true:

foreach(Table table in tableNodes)
{
    table.FirstRow.RowFormat.HeadingFormat = true;
}

But unfortunately, upon checking the Heading Format they are already set to true.

I think someone using Aspose Words .NET have encountered the same problem:

https://forum.aspose.com/t/95147

I was wondering if this has been fixed for the Java Version of Aspose Words?

I’m using Aspose Words 4.0.3 for Java. If this is a problem for the current version, are there any workarounds for this one?

Thanks in advance!

Hi
Thanks for your request. Java version of Aspose.Words does not support table headers upon rendering. That is why the problem occurs.
.NET version of Aspose.Words supports table header row starting from 8.1.0 version. As you may know, we are working on synchronizing .NET and Java versions of Aspose.Words:
https://blog.aspose.com/2011/02/24/autoporting-aspose.words-for-java-progress-24th-feb-2011
Once this work is finished, all features available in .NET version of Aspose.Words will be also available in Java version, including support of table headers.
Best regards,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Are there any workaround approaches to solve this problem?

I think Aspose Words for .NET has a legacy conversion method to get around the issue, I’m trying to convert it to Java, but I can’t seem to make it work.

Could you recommend a working code for the legacy conversion method or probably other workaround solutions?

Thanks! We really need this feature asap.

Hi
Thanks for your request. Unfortunately, there is no way to work this problem around in Aspose.Words for Java. As I mentioned this problem is already resolved in .NET version of Aspose.Words. The fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words for Java that comes out in few weeks. We will notify you once it is available.
Best regards,

We are happy to inform you that the first auto-ported version of Aspose.Words for Java is ready. This version supports converting documents to PDF. You can get it from here.

Best regards,
Aspose.Words team

(86)