RepeatDynamicFormula bug processing IF function

While evaluating Aspose.cells for Java and I am experiencing bad behavior of RepeatDynamicFormula using an “IF” function which should return a string.

Although this works: &=&=IF(A{r}>=70,1,0)

…this does not: &=&=IF(A{r}>=70,”yes”,”no”)

Attached are a designer spreadsheet and a java class which demonstrate the problem.

Hi,

I think this is not an issue with our product (Aspose.Cells for Java) but due to some unrecognized characters (probably due to quotes ("")) in the Smart Markers’ dynamic formulas inserted in C2 and D2 cells. If I simplify your formulas of C2 and D2 in MS Excel, you will get the same error i.e. “#NAME?”.

I have updated your template file and updated the smart markers inserted on C2 and D2 cells, now it works fine by using your code with Aspose.Cells for Java API, the output file is fine. I have attached the updated template file here for your reference, you may try it now by using your code.

Thank you.

Thank you for your quick response!

I have verified that after creating the template using Excel, the Java code works as expected. Unfortunately after creating the template using LibreOffice Calc, the Java code fails to work properly.

Opening the LibreOffice-generated XLSX file in Excel and re-saving it does not improve the situation.

Although I can not “see” the difference between the spreadsheets created by Excel and LibreOffice Calc, I will discontinue testing with LibreOffice Calc.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It’s good to know that your code is working fine with template file created by Ms-Excel.

You can post your template file created by LibreOffice Calc for us to investigate this issue further.

We will look into your issue and help/advise you asap.

The template file created by LibreOffice Calc is attached to the first post in this thread.

Thanks again!

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have looked into your issue. We were able to notice your mentioned issue and we will investigate and fix this issue later.

For the time being, you can use Ms-Excel generated file as a workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.