Repeating line when using columns

I had a past issue with converting columns from Word to Pdf that you had resolved in hotfix 3.3.5.0.

See the thread at http://www.aspose.com/Community/Forums/1/70756/ShowThread.aspx.

Looks like there is a bug in the hotfix solution. When I produce a 2 column Word document using Aspose.Words the list of items that I have in my columns does not repeat when going from the bottom of one column to the top of the next column - as expected.

The problem is that when I convert the document to Pdf unsing Aspose.Pdf - using same methods in the past thread - the item at the bottom of the first column repeats at the top of the second column.

thanks,

Brian

Hi,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

I am not able to reproduce the error. Please find attached Pdf document after conversion from Word. If you think that the problem still exist then can you please pin point the page number in the Word and Pdf Document which is creating problem. Then we will be able to investigate that issue in detail.

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team

i have a word and pdf document that demonstrates the issue. im getting an asp.net error from your file upload. do you have an email address or some other method i can get the files to you?

thanks

Brian

Hi,

Please send us your Word and PDF files the demonstrate the issue. You can compress these files into ZIP format to avoid hitting the 5MB limit.

Thanks,

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team

Hi,

I have checked the documents you send and tested with latest version of Aspose.Pdf and found no problems. Please download and try with Aspose.Pdf version 3.5.1.0 and Aspose.Words 4.2.6.0. For your reference, I am also attaching the Pdf document generated after conversion from Word Document.

If you need more help, please do let us know.

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team

i upgraded from Aspose.Pdf version 3.5.0.0 to 3.5.1.0 but still getting same behavior on my side.

in my code i generate the doc file and convert to pdf using the code below. since my word doc does not have the dupe rows i assumed it was the pdf conversion. any place else we can look to resolve this?

private void SaveToPdf(Document doc)

{

//Save the document in Aspose.Pdf.Xml format into a memory stream.

MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream();

doc.Save(stream, SaveFormat.AsposePdf);

stream.Seek(0, SeekOrigin.Begin);

//Load the document into an XmlDocument

XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();

xmlDoc.Load(stream);

//Load the XML document into Aspose.Pdf

Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();

pdf.BindXML(xmlDoc, null);

//Now produce the PDF file.

string FileName = DateTime.Now.ToString().Replace(" ", "_").Replace("/", "-").Replace(":", "-") + ".pdf";

pdf.Save(FileName, Aspose.Pdf.SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Response);

}

As another test i saved out the xml file stream that is being fed into the BindXML method. the file does not have the repeating row but the final Pdf output does have the repeating row.

=) sorry to break into so many posts....

used code below to display pdf directly from saved xml file that does not have repeating rows and got the repeats again in the displayed Pdf. I'll email the xml file shortly.

XmlDocument xmlDoc = new XmlDocument();

xmlDoc.Load(@"C:\temp\Repeating.xml");

//xmlDoc.Save(@"C:\temp\Repeating.xml");//for debugging xml

//Load the XML document into Aspose.Pdf

Aspose.Pdf.Pdf pdf = new Aspose.Pdf.Pdf();

pdf.BindXML(xmlDoc, null);

//Now produce the PDF file.

string FileName = DateTime.Now.ToString().Replace(" ", "_").Replace("/", "-").Replace(":", "-") + ".pdf";

pdf.Save(FileName, Aspose.Pdf.SaveType.OpenInBrowser, Response);

Hi,

I am able to reproduce the error with the XML you send in the email. We will try to fix it as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks.

Adeel Ahmad
Support Developer
Aspose Changsha Team