Replacing Picture Placeholder with actual Image while doing Mail Merge

Hello there,

I have a requirement where while doing mail merge, I need to replace picture placeholder with actual images depending on their properties - Title and Tag.

I have attached the sample document for you reference.

If you see in the document, there is a picture placeholder with Title = PPhotoA,

While doing mail merge at run-time, I need to insert actual image into this control so that image is resized to this control’s size.

Could you please guide if that’s possible using Aspose.Words for .Net?
Any pointer to KB will be really helpful.

Thank you!

Hello
Thanks for your inquiry. Please see the following link to learn how to insert images during MailMerge:
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/types-of-mail-merge-operations/
As I understand, you are using StructuredDocumentTag inside your template. Currently there is no way to get SDT properties (like Title, Tag etc) so there is no way to identify StructuredDocumentTag.
Your request has been linked to the appropriate issue. You will be notified as soon as the feature which allows you to get properties of STD is supported.
Best regards,

Thanks for your reply Andrey!

For the link
https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/mail-merge-and-reporting/.
Yeah, this is how we are currently doing - replacing Image Merge fields at run-time.
But we were facing issue in having the correct size for an image, that’s why we wanted to go for Picture content controls.

Could you please let me know when Aspose is planning to release this feature where we can identify a picture content control from code.

Thank you!

Hello
Thanks for your request. This feature is scheduled on the end of August 2011. You will be notified as soon as it is available.
Best regards,

Hello Andrey,

Could you please guide when should I expect this feature to be released?

Thank you!

Hello
Thanks for your request. We are working on this issue right now. But due to the complexity of this feature, this issue was postponed. We planed that this feature will be included into the next hotfix, which will be released at the end of September. Sorry for inconvenience.
Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4010) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(2)