ReplyTo address not available

I’m creating a Network.Outlook.MapiMessage by drag and drop from Outlook. I can create the message no problems and most of the properties have the correct data except the ReplyTo. It is either blank, or just has a name, it never contains an email address.

This is no issue for most emails as the ReplyTo and the Sender are the same. But I have an email where they are different and there is no way I can get access to the ReplyTo address. If I hit the reply button in Outlook it gets the correct ReplyTo address, so the problem is not with the email.

The code I am using was from one of the supplied samples:

Private Sub Form1_DragDrop(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.DragEventArgs) Handles Me.DragDrop
Try
Dim args As Aspose.Windows.Forms.FileDragEventArgs
args = TryCast(e, Aspose.Windows.Forms.FileDragEventArgs)
If (args IsNot Nothing) Then
If ((args.Files IsNot Nothing) AndAlso (args.Files.Count > 0)) Then
For i As Integer = 0 To args.Files.Count - 1
Using stream As New IO.MemoryStream()
args.Files(i).Save(stream)
stream.Seek(0, System.IO.SeekOrigin.Begin)
Dim msg As MapiMessage = MapiMessage.FromStream(stream)
SubjectTextBox.Text = msg.Subject
FromTextBox.Text = msg.SenderEmailAddress
ReplyToTextBox.Text = msg.ReplyTo
End Using
Next
End If
End If
Catch ex As Exception
MessageBox.Show(ex.Message)
End Try
End Sub

Hi,

Thank you for inquiry.

Could you please post a sample MSG file here for which this issue occurs? I tried different dragging different messages from Outlook to the Winforms application, but it shows the email address correctly.

For posting the message, please save the message directly from MS Outlook to any folder and zip/email me using “Contact”–> “send saqib.razzaq an email” button on this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for sending the sample file. I have reproduced the issue at my end and logged this bug (ID: 29462). We will look into it and will inform you when it gets fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there any possible workaround? I will need to release this next week and I assume the bug fix will take a lot longer than that :frowning:

Hi,

I am sorry, I could not find any workaround either. The fix to this issue would hopefully be available by the end of next month, August 2011.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 29462 ) have been fixed in [this update](http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.network-for-.net/entry325827.aspx).

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.