Report rendering through ASPOSE producing extra space for sub-reports

Hello Team,

I have one report that has multiple sub-reports. When I run this report through pdf in SSRS, the report is running fine but when I run the same report through HTML via ASPOSE words, I am getting some extra space from the left border for 3 sub-reports while other sub-reports are aligned correctly without any extra space.

Is there any reason for this behavior ? Please let us know if you have a solution to render reports with multiple sub-reports align with consistency.

Thanks,
Sushma.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your inquiry. It would be great, If you please use select statement (to populate the data ) inside your RDL files and share RDL files with us. I will investigate the issue on my side and provide you more information.

Please see the following DataSet example with select statement for your kind reference:

<DataSets>
	<DataSet Name="DataSet1">
		<Query>
			<DataSourceName>DataSource1</DataSourceName>
			<CommandText>
				select 1 as value, ‘label1’ as label
				union all
				select 2 as value, ‘label2’ as label
				union all
				select 3 as value, ‘label3’ as label
				union all
				select 4 as value, ‘label4’ as label
			</CommandText>
		</Query>
		<Fields>
			<Field Name="value">
				<DataField>value</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.Int32</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
			<Field Name="label">
				<DataField>label</DataField>
				<rd:TypeName>System.String</rd:TypeName>
			</Field>
		</Fields>
	</DataSet>
</DataSets>

Hi Tahir,

Thank you for your reply. I am using a stored procedure instead of a select statement in rdl.

I also have another problem with ASPOSE. When ever I hide a tablix which has data, instead of not displaying anything, ASPOSE report is producing space instead of data. Please let me know if you have a solution for this problem.

Thanks,
Sushma.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your inquiry.

LordoftheRink:
I am using a stored procedure instead of a select statement in rdl.

The concept of using ‘Select Statement’ inside RDL files is to populate the data for RDL files. Please share your RDL files along with data source here for investigation purposes. You may share SQL Server database backup which contains the specific tables (with dummy data) and store procedure related to your RDL files.

LordoftheRink:
I also have another problem with ASPOSE. When ever I hide a tablix which has data, instead of not displaying anything, ASPOSE report is producing space instead of data. Please let me know if you have a solution for this problem.

I have tested the scenario and have not found any issue with hidden tablix while using latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. Please use the latest version of Aspose.Words for Reporting Services. If you still face problem, please share your RDL file along with data source for investigation purposes.